Chapter 11

I opened my eyes for what felt like the millionth time in a day and groaned at the blinding light that met my eyes. I used my elbow to block the light and opened my eyes again to look at my surroundings.

I knew I was still in OASIS from all the high tech machines I could see and how white the room was. There was a large mirror facing me and I had the thought that there were people on the other side, watching my every move.
I sat up and waved at the mirror, hoping people at the other side would answer me.

But I was wrong, nobody answered.

I looked at my weak body in the mirror. My eyes had bags under them and my face looked slimmer, like I hadn't eaten in days. The bandage wrapped around my head was not hard to miss as it made me look even more miserable than I felt. After checking my face, I laid down back on the bed and waited to relax my nerves. I was no longer wearing the white uniform and my clothes were changed to the usual hospital gowns.

I was too tired to move around or even leave the place. I cringed as I remember my last conversation with Dr Linda and Joel before I fainted.

Why would she say I had no abilities?

She was wrong, right?

I definitely have abilities, I'm a killer, that's why I'm here.

Obviously, she didn't know what she was talking about.

I thought about them for so long, I felt mentally stressed. Before OASIS and that stupid bomb blast, anytime I was feeling overwhelmed, I had music to relieve me. Or food, or ice cream, or movies, or my troublesome siblings.

But now I had nothing.

I remembered the tune of a song from my favorite artist, Sia and used them to think happy thoughts. Most of her songs are sad songs but her songs have a way of making me happy.
I hummed the tune and relaxed, letting my mind go through my memories on their own.

I remembered my family, all the times we had, and how far we had come. I thought of how things changed for us and how I had to get to this place. I thought of Rissa and the whole place.

While that was happening, I felt lightheaded. But I couldn't care less, I'm in OASIS. Help is here.
So I shifted my body and closed my eyes to get some sleep.

When I opened my eyes next, I was far from sleep.

I was in a field. The field was wide but the ceiling was made of glass. I couldn't see the end of glass ceiling and I didn't bother. I looked around and saw the arrangements of training equipments from ancient to modern stacked on some wooden shelves.

Maybe my ability is teleportation.

Ha! Take that Linda!!

I saw a different sizes of clubs so I went to have a look. But long white hair blocked my vision.

I looked at myself and I was shocked.

I didn't have my black skin.

My legs were shorter.

My wild afros were replaced with long white hair, almost like ice.

I touched my head and confirmed it, I was in another person's body.

"Hey!!" I heard a man say and point at me. I pointed at myself in question and he nodded.
"Come up here! It's your turn to spar!"

Spar!! Who is my sparring partner? Why am I sparring in the first place? How did I get here!

I screamed those thoughts in my mind as I tried to look for an escape out of this place. I can go to Linda, maybe she'll help me.

"Me?" I asked the scary man again.