Chapter 14

"Are you hurt anywhere? Linda, check her everywhere. You'll need a full body and brain scan. I'll call in EPAT to prepare a scanning room for us." Joel ranted, pacing up and down in the room.

  After the incident in the dining hall, Linda and Joel took me to back to the hospital room I came from to treat me. According to Linda, I had a concussion and I needed to rest. My ears and head were bleeding but thankfully, nothing serious happened. But I can't get that rest because Joel kept disturbing my peace.

"Joel, she's fine. She just needs to rest. We need to give her space, okay? I understand you are worried but she needs her rest." Linda said, but Joel waved her off and went to take a banana from a fruit basket on the table beside my bed. I don't even know how the fruits got there.

"Pfft, I'm not worried about her. This is just a doctor taking care of his patient. I'm the doctor, she's the patient. There's nothing else." He huffed and took another banana. As Linda turned to arrange her utensils, Joel came close to me and whispered rather loudly "why do you think he did that?"

I yelped on reflex and Linda dropped her tray and turned "Joel!" She scolded.

"What? I'm just asking." He shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't know. I saw him coughing and when I went to help him, he went all wolf king on me. He's just like before." I said.

"What do you mean before? Have you two met before coming here?" Linda asked, picking up her equipments that fell on the floor.

"I didn't tell you guys this, but before I came here. I used to have visions. I saw things that I didn't understand. A father and his son surrounded by armed officials who coerced the father into starting a nuclear blast, a group of doctors working on a boy until he went crazy and like destroyed the whole place, he even melted a woman's face! It was crazy. And the guy was this Mitchell who went crazy today." I said.

The kind of expressions I was hoping to see on their faces was not what I saw. I was expecting them to be surprised but they looked sad, uneasy and confused.

"What's with the looks?" I asked.

Linda was the first to talk. "You saw everything that happened in the laboratory?"

"Uhmm.. Yes, that's what I just said." I told them.

"Did you see all the people working there?" Joel asked.

"Nope. Not all, there was too much chaos going on." I answered truthfully.

Linda and Joel shared a look before turning elsewhere.
"You gonna tell her or you want me to?" Joel asked.

"Don't worry, I'll tell her." Linda responded and sat beside me. "I think she needs some rest first, her mind is still groggy from everything."

"Oh sweet baby Jesus, will you just tell me what it is? Or do you want me to find out by myself? I'm fine. You can tell me, I'm not going to pass out or die from just some words you're about to tell me. So just get on with it!" I screamed, I was fed up with them hiding this 'news' from me.

"Ok, but you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone, even Rissa, ok?" Linda asked. I nodded in response and she started talking.

"So, about three years ago, Mitchell was brought to our hospital because he was involved in a car accident. He looked so tattered that we were wondering if he was running away from someone, but we treated him nonetheless.  When we asked him questions about his life or his family, he said he had none. We made some inquiries and we found out that Mitchell was a victim of human trafficking, child abuse and drug infestation. He was used as a drug tester and that had many effects on his mental state of mind. He hated being around people and somehow can't feel any emotion. He was diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder and went into rehab for 6 months. He was later admitted into an orphanage since he was under 18. While he was there, he engaged in many fights and was a tough nut to crack, no one would adopt him because he was always keeping to himself and beating up anyone who came close to him. There was a boy who went against the warnings of everyone and tried to be his friend. That boy was beaten up so bad, he ended up being on life support for a year.