Chapter 12.

"Are you sure you checked it properly?" No miscalculations?"

"I'm sure I did. I checked it three times over."

"I know you, Joel, that's why I'm asking."

"Linda! What do you take me for? I'm sure of it. But do you think you're correct about your assumptions? I think we should take things slow with her. I don't think she's ready for this. I also don't think Sus is ready for this too, maybe we should wait and do some more tests before we talk?"

"I understand you Joel, but I'm not holding back. If she's the one we need for this, then I will make sure she is aware of everything."

"And if she's not?"

I heard Linda sigh and hold the door handle "There's only one way to find out."

I heard them talk as they drove the sleep away from me. After my encounter with Debby and finding out about my sight, I slept. I didn't have the strength to start running around looking for answers. And I had to get used to the surprises that keep coming in this place.

They opened the door and walked in, they were both green but had spots of yellow on them. Like oil on water. I sat up on the bed and greeted them.

"How was your night, Rose?" Linda asked.

"It was good."

"Did you sleep well? I'm just asking incase you can't take what I'll say well. Maybe you need more time to rest? Or you need Theresa to stay with you?" She asked.

"No, I'm fine. You can tell me."

She brought out something and gave to me. But I couldn't see it because I can't see non- living things, so when I tried to hold it, I missed. I gave a nervous laugh and tried to collect it again. This time, I held it.
It was a tablet that supposedly had the answers to my growing questions.
And I couldn't see them.

Just perfect.

I sighed as I traced my fingers on the screen. I was seeing the faint light coming from the tablet but I couldn't see anything else.

"Is anything the problem?" Linda asked.

"Yeah. I can't see."

"What?" Linda and Joel asked.

I gave the tablet back to Linda and adjusted myself on the bed.
"Yeah. It's something that happened after I was hit, I couldn't see for some days. Rissa helped me get my sight back when I was at the hospital. I don't know how she did it but yeah. She did. But now, I can't see."

"You think the effects of Theresa's powers wore off on her or does this have anything to do with what you're about to tell her?" Joel asked.

"No, this is so much different." Linda said, wowed as she moved her hands on something, I assume she was writing something again.
"Rose we'll need to talk in my office. Joel, call in EPAT and Theresa. Let him guide her there."

"On it." Joel said and pressed a button on a small remote.

The same remote Makari was with.

"What's the use of that mirror over there?" I asked and pointed at the mirror.

"It's not a mirror dear, it's just a wall." Linda said while checking my body for any injury.

"Yeah... A wall that holds many memories." Joel responded.

"And the remote you just used to call in EPAT?" I asked again. Joel stopped walking around the room and Linda stopped checking me.

"I thought you said you can't see." Joel countered.