Chapter 13

"Hey! Earth to Rose." Rissa said, snapping her fingers in my face to get my attention.

"Uhmm, I'm sorry. I just blanked out there for a second. Let's go." I held her hands and we went to the food serving machine thingy to get out food.

I got a plate of pasta and Rissa got a plate of pizza. So very healthy.

"Oh! You have to meet my friends. They are the coolest people in the world!! Let's go, let's go." She went ahead and led me to the table where her friends sat.

"Hi!" She screamed loud enough for the whole hall to hear. But I don't think her friends were bothered, they responded in the same tone as hers.

A girl with wild red hair stood up and hugged Rissa, she had deep green eyes and cute dimples.

"Oh my God, Rissa! You won't believe what happened today!" The girl screamed.

"Tell me everything Sash!" Rissa screamed back and sat next to sash, completely engrossed in what sash had to say.
I quietly sat next to her and gave a small smile to the 3 guys looking at me. One was Indian, he wore his white uniform and he had a blue stripe on his shoulder, he tied a blue turban around his head but I could tell his hair was jet black because of the stubble that was visible on his jaw. He held his hands together and bowed his head a little as a response to my greeting.

The next guy was a black guy, he had bright brown eyes and trimmed black hair with killer sporty waves to match. He winked at me and I visibly cringed.

The guy sitting next to the black guy was a white guy with long brown hair that covered his eyes. Either he was very shy or he liked his head like that. He nodded and went back to eating his food.

"Rissa, aren't you going to introduce us to your new friend?" The black guy asked.

Rissa turned to us and rolled her eyes. "Rose, this is Sasha, Rahjad, Simeon and William. Guys this is Rose."

"Wow! That was a very nice introduction Rissa." Simeon said Rissa raised her thumb in response.

"I'm very sorry, Rissa is not always like this, well, she is only like this when she hears gossip but I hope her behavior didn't disturb you that much." Rahjad said, shaking his head while he talked.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you." I answered and began eating my food.

"That fight was so epic! Everyone thought Debby was going to fail! I mean, it's Debby she's so fragile and I was so sure Ryan was going to break her. But then Caleb threw two spears at her so coach Griffith cancelled the win. Now she's going to be cleaning for 3 weeks!" Sasha said

I choked on my water and everyone stopped what they were doing at looked at me. I gave them a thumbs up to tell them I was okay and they went back to whatever they were doing.

"No way!!" Rissa screamed

"Yes way!" Sasha said.

"Oh my God! That's so unfair. What about Caleb, did Coach give him a penalty?"

Sasha sipped her tea and turned back to Rissa. "Oh no! Coach said he wasn't at fault."

"But he helped her cheat." Rissa clarified.

"Yes he did, but Coach was saying it was her choice to pick it and not pick it. She picked it so therefore she cheated. I think Coach Griffith is a misogynist. It's better not to argue though, he's still our superior. Whatever, I don't care."

"What?" Rissa and I asked.

"What?" She dropped her tea cup and swept her hair back with her hands. "My point is this, I don't care what happens between coach Griffith and any other person. As long as it's not me.  And it won't be me because I don't attract that kind of attention." She said and ate some biscuits from her plate.