Chapter 2 | Show time.

Richards POV.

10 minutes until the show. I'm having one last smoke before we go on. Everyone is stood waiting, Paul directly to my left, Flake behind us and the other 3 in front of us 3. Paul turns to me, "So, excited? This is a maaasssiiive show."
"Yeah I know, really cool. Can't wait to get out there." I reply taking another long drag of my almost burnt-out cigarette. It goes quiet again, as it does sometimes before going on stage. Paul turns to me again, "So at the end of Ausländer, you said we'll do it then right?" I nodded taking the last drag and putting it out, "Yep, in the little end guitar portion when we walk towards each other, then just before the music changes to the next song." i say all this trying to not show my enthusiasm. Honestly waiting for this has been a nightmare. The unknown always intrigues me in a way while scaring me massively, but the unknown of how this will go is killing me. It's just a friendly thing, but I can't help it. And I also can't help but be stupid and wonder if Paul is anxious for it as well, maybe that's why he's asked about it a bit today. Since we talked this morning it's been brought up 5 times. Maybe that's what's adding to the anxiety? Maybe I'm just lonely and the idea of a kiss is exciting? If so, that's rather sad. But either way, I can't wait any longer.

Luckily as all of this crap is crowding my brain a crew member tells us we have 40 seconds and that we should get ready in position. First song is Was Ich Liebe so we'll all be going out separate, first Christoph, then me, Flake, Paul, Oliver and Till last. As Schneider came out it was obvious the crowd was clapping with the beat, after a few seconds it was my turn. After the noise, the initial rush the show was basic. Not saying I don't love them but it was the usual idea. No technical problems or pyro problems today, just music and exchanging energy.

Songs came and went, one after another with the amazing noise from fans carrying us. Ohne dich in the middle of the crowd was the most intense but beautiful thing, then the boat ride across fans, signing pictures as I went. Once back on stage after taking the longest time, fans obviously wanting more time for more signing of pictures, I knew it was time for Ausländer. The song started and that was it. We played all the way through. Normally I take my time looking around the stage at the other guys and looking at the fans, this time I did look between, but couldn't even glace at Paul. It was going to happen.. it was going to happen in a few minutes.. then it was going to happen in a few seconds.. The song seemed to last forever until eventually Till sang the last line and it was the guitar solo.

We began playing on opposite sides until I finally looked towards Paul. He was beginning to make his way towards me slowly, so I did the same. The music was slowing as we met in the middle, I hadn't looked away from Paul nor had he looked away from me. It was a slow moment, but we lent towards each other and kissed. It was only a small kiss as we'd agreed, but part of me wanted more. Maybe not right there and then in front of all the fans and band but at some point, I knew this had to happen again. But for longer, to get a better idea on this feeling that's been building. As we parted he smiled at me but I couldn't bring myself to do anything, I was struck with complete confusion and frustration. Even though I needed to explore this more I knew the show wasn't done, we still had many songs to play so on we went.

The only next problem I had was next we played du riechst so gut, which had another guitar solo when we'd be close again. I played it as if everything was normal, but inside my mind was still racing with thoughts. He was close again and for once I just wished the show would end. Finally, about another half hour later the show was over. We bowed, made our way backstage and then up the platform on the back of the stage, me smoking of course. After all I deserve this right now, my mind is scrambled. Once we were done with the finish we separated into our own backstage spots to shower or clean up in general, eat, drink, smoke.. whatever we each did after a show. I took off my makeup and undressed before climbing into the shower, it was usual for me to shower after every show if possible, after all I didn't want to be sweaty and smell.

Once done I grabbed a towel, putting it around my waist I climbed out before a second time that day I jumped nearly dropping the towel, "Shit! Paul, what are you doing, you'll give me a heart attack with your sneaking around!" I half shouted, my hand holding my chest which was raising fast. "Oh sorry Reesh, I swear I don't mean to. You're just easy to scare." He chuckled, "I just came to say we'll be sleeping on the bus tonight, long drive from here to the next show so it'll be easier and take less time to set up tomorrow." Fuck, I really wished we'd be in a hotel tonight, I'm shattered with not having proper sleep for a few days being on the bus. The other guys can sleep fine while it's moving, besides me and Till. But even then Till can at least get a good 6 hours, I can barely even get a shitty 4 hours. I closed my eyes and flew my head back, groaning, "Aww man, I was looking forward to a good bed tonight." I looked back forward at Paul, who'd made himself at home sat on the chair watching me. He smiled a sort of 'sorry for you' smile, "Yea I know, but hopefully tonight will be the night for sleep." Ah Paul, always the overly hopeful man. It made me smile though, "I wish I could have your outlook on this situation." I walked over to sit down but a quatre way there realised I'm still stood in a towel. Now my body had dried and my hair was just left wet. I looked at Paul, expecting him to get the hint but he was distracted by something on the roof. Leaving him to it I walked over to my small bag of after show clothes and pulled out a plain black t-shirt, black jeans, and a pair of boots along with a black beanie. Once again looking to see if Paul had noticed, which he hadn't, I turned to him, "Uh Paul, could you go? I need to get dressed so we can leave for the bus." He seemed to snap out of a weird daze and nodded, "Yea, of course. Sorry Reesh, was just distracted. I'll see you back on the bus."

We said small goodbyes and see you later before I put my clothes on, using the beanie to cover my still wet hair to keep it from getting too cold. Don't need to be ill, especially on a large tour.