Chapter 10 || Experiments.

Richards POV.

Warning: gets a bit... spicy at the end.

Maybe another month later now and me and Paul have had to act like friends most of the time. No more hotel stops since then, it's been a really long term of this tour, no breaks. We have one coming up though actually. We'll be on a break for three weeks, thank fuck. I love touring, but it takes it out if you, especially at my age. I'm not calling myself very old but definitely not a spring chicken anymore. The only time me and Paul have been able to be remotely close is Ausländer, still keeping the kisses small though, and when we were sure no one else was around. That back room on the bus has now become a little safe room for us. Sometimes we go there and just sit together, listening to music, watching movies, reading, talking, doing anything as long as we were close. Even with time these feelings haven't gone away.

Now, it's the break. Three weeks. Three weeks of being away from this chaotic touring life. But that's also three weeks away from Paul.. We're all going back to home, all back to our houses, our happy spots for breaks. When I got there, I instantly dumped my bags at the door inside and went into my room, flopping onto my bed. Oh, I missed this comfy bed, I felt myself just cuddling the sheets and shoving my face in the pillows. I'll sort out my clothes and bags in a bit. Sleep, that's what I want right now.

After about a week of just enjoying being home, seeing friends and my family for most of the week, I started to get a bit bored. A break from touring usually means a break from it all so playing music isn't an option, at least not in the first week, maybe the second or third to get back into playing before live shows. I could watch movies? That's fun I guess. Better with company though... Me and Paul have been talking over message, but I miss being close to him, so I decided to ring him while I'm sat watching some random tv show on the couch. After a few seconds he answers sounding very happy as usual, "Hiya Reesh. How are youu?" Fuck, I missed his voice so much. I miss all the things he does, even the slightly annoying things. "I'm good Paul. How are you?" I feel myself smiling, just happy to hear him again, I know he can't see it but maybe he can hear it in my voice. I hope he can. I hope he knows he's making me very happy by simply just talking to me. "I'm good Reesh. Bored though. Everyone has been over already and now I'm alone at home." He chuckled and so did I. I missed that nickname as well, the way he said it and only used that, "Me as well Paul, me to. I uh I miss you.." I felt like a teenager, one week away from him and I miss him so much. "Aww Reesh, I miss you as well. If we're both bored, I could come over? We can watch that new movie you were telling me about yesterday!" He sounded so excited. That wasn't what I had in mind; I was going to say I'd go to his but either way is basically the same so anyway is a win. "You read my mind Paul, I'd love that."
"Yea! I can't wait to see you again. I'll be there in maybe 30 minutes, is that good?" Even though he can't see I nodded my head yes, "Yea of course it's good. As long as you're here at some point today, it'll be good."
"I'll be there soon Reesh." Can't wait to see him again, it feels like I've been away from him for years rather than a week honestly. "Oh, Richard?" Oh no, not Richard. Go back to Reesh, please Paul. "Yes Paul? What's up?"
"I was wondering, maybe, if I could stay there tonight? At yours? Then I don't have to worry about driving home possibly late at night." He sounded a little shy, even over the phone I could tell. That's no problem though, obviously I'm not going to say no to spending more time with him. "Yea, of course you can Paul. Remember to bring some clothes though because any of mine won't fit." I tried to make light of something to stop him from being uncomfortable. Paul chuckled, said he would and that he'd see me soon then hung up. Fuck, I can't wait. I can't wait to hug him again, to be around him again.

I took the time Paul took to get here to go to the shop. I bought a few snack things, drinks, and some popcorn, you can't watch a new movie without popcorn is what I say and Paul agrees. And Paul was right about 35 minutes later, trust me I was watching the time, I heard a knock on my door. Relatively soft, light, of course it was Paul. I walked to the door quickly, eager to see him again. As I opened the door he smiled widely at me and I stepped aside to let him in, closing the door behind him. I turned around and was instantly encased by his arms around my neck in a warm hug. I did the same, wrapping my arms around his waist and holding him close. I was right, it felt so good to have him near me again. Once we hugged for a good amount of time I pulled back and he made a noise of unhappiness, I guess because we were separating but soon he quietened when I kissed him. Even more warmth. More happiness. I again went to move away but he grabbed me and held me there for a little longer, it made me smile slightly into the kiss. This man, he's driving me crazy at this point.