Chapter 9 | The Day After.

Richards POV.

The feeling of something moving disturbs my sleep and I find myself tightening my grip around something, probably the covers. Then, barely awake, I realise the thing that's moving is what I'm holding. I open my right eye just a slither to see Paul looking at my arms rather defeated. Oh yea, I'm sleeping with Paul and what's moving is him, and I can feel it because I'm still hugging him. He wriggles again but in my still barely awake state I don't register it could mean he wants to move. I don't want to let him go. Pauls looks up at me and gently pushes my arm, "Reesh, wake up. Please." I groaned to show I was at least slight conscious even though I still wasn't registering things at a usual speed. "Could you let me go please?" He asks. Paul's voice is quite deep, surprisingly deep for his height honestly, but in the morning it's even more low sounding. Its extra rough as well, there's something about it that's admittedly hot I'm not going to lie. I groan again and tighten my grip a small bit around him, "I don't want to." I manage to mutter with my voice also being a lot deeper than usual, it actually hurts a little with how dry my throat is. "But Reesh, I need the toilet. I'll come back once I've peed, I promise." With this I know I have to let him go, but I still hold him for just a few more seconds before letting my arms slip from around him. Paul jumps up and goes to the bathroom quite quickly, he must have needed it badly. But now I'm cold so I pull the covers over myself more, cuddling them instead of Paul. I can hear a faint sound of peeing from the bathroom and then a flush. He's coming back, finally he's been gone like a minute but it's too long. Too long because I know that after this stay in the hotel we'd have to return to our 'just close best mates' state in front of the guys. How hard that's going to be, I'm not sure yet, but I'd bet on really fucking difficult.

I was now laying on my back, just slightly on my side so I could watch the bathroom door. I saw Paul walk back into the room from the bathroom and stood at the foot of the bed, watching me. He smiled at me, "Comfy?" His voice is still rough, fuck. I nodded my head yes slightly but then groaned again, sticking my arms out from under the sheets towards him kind of like a child would when they want something, "You promised you'd come back here once you were done. You're done, now come here." Paul chuckled and smiled at me before he crawled up the bed, flopping down next the me on top of the covers as if peeing had been the hardest job in the world. I then realised he was still watching me so I asked him, "What's so interesting?" He just kept staring at me intently, seeming to look over all my features. Part of my started to feel... self conscious?.. Why though? Paul's seen me looking worse, but I guess now it's under slightly different circumstances. "Paauull. Stoop." I said in a playful groan, dragging out my words as I turn my head away from him and push him away slightly. He just chuckled and shuffled back to me. "Noo, Reesh, please. I like looking at you... That, that sounded a bit creepy. But I mean, you're just handsome. And now that I can outwardly admit it, I want to." He smiled happily, still looking at me. Again, my heart had that full, warm feeling. It made me smile as well, now feeling happy with him looking at me. It made me feel cared about, made me feel good. We layed, Paul staring at me and I couldn't help but stare at him back, at his beautiful eyes. This moment is too perfect. I don't want it to end.

Just as I moved my head to rest my forehead to his and go for a kiss a loud knock at the door disrupted us both. The only person who knocks that aggressively in the morning that we know is Till. I swear when people say some don't know their own strength, that's him sometimes. I groaned and scrunched my face knowing one of us will have to answer him, he won't go away unless one of us says something to him. Sometimes he's just checking on us, other times it's for a reason, either way he needed to see one of us to know we aren't dead I guess, god knows what that man's thinking at times. Paul shuffled down off the bed backwards, nearly falling as he pushed himself up off the bed and walked to the door. I hear it open and then Tills deep voice, "Hi Paul, I was just wondering if you and Richard were up and if you guys want to come with me and Flake to breakfast. Schneider said no and so did Oliver, they wanted to sleep a little longer. If you guys don't want to that's fine." I heard Paul be quiet for a moment, probably thinking over his options, "Okay, I'll ask Reesh." Great, what do I say. No, so I can stay in bed and hope Paul does the same so we stay together longer. Or yes because I'm honestly very hungry. Paul approached my side of the bed and slightly bent over to be more eye level with me, "Reesh? Do you want to come for breakfast? It's Tills idea and I'm so hungry I could actually eat a whole cow or something." I saw out the corner of my eye Till had let himself in, which was fine since it was just him but it didn't give me much chance to think. I smiled at him and stretched, sitting up in the bed and nodding my head yes, "Yea, sure Till. We'll come. I'll just go and get dressed." Paul said he'd do the same after me and so I got up out of the bed, having another stretch.