Chapter 14 | Awkward dinners.

Richards POV.

After that meeting me and Paul had some serious talks. What would we do to tell everyone in our families and our friend groups? For our friend groups we decided if they were close, we'd throw some sort of dinner with all of them and tell them there. Obviously we didn't need to invite the band guys but we still had others to tell. When we did, most were very excepting. Others seemed confused by our sudden affection towards each other, towards men in general but were supportive once they'd come to terms with it. Mostly.

Next was to tell out families. As for mine, I didn't have too many to tell. I invited my Mother simply because I thought she might be better hearing it from me rather than by a random person, sadly that meant my stepfather would be coming along as well. My brother and sister were invited as well. Then my three kids. We decided to just make a small dinner, at home where if there was trouble it wouldn't become a public issue. "Reesh, calm down. I know it's stressful for you but it doesn't matter how they react. You know Khira, Merlin and Maxime won't mind. I doubt your sister or brother will care either. And as for your Mother and Stepfather, do you really care that much?" I shook my head. It would be nice for once if my Mother did support me, I mean fully support me. As for my stepfather, I couldn't care less. We made some food and had it all finishing off when Khira and Merlin arrived. I hugged both of them and we sat and talked for a while before Maxime came, she was brought by Margaux who simply said hello. It was nice having myself, Paul, and my kids all together.

Paul and Maxime were playing some sort of hiding game when I heard the doorbell. Answering it I already knew who it could be, my Mother. I greeted them both with a smile and showed them into the house, "Hi Mother. Stepfather. Come in, dinners nearly ready so you're just in time." They took off their jackets and hung them up before joining my kids. Maxime came running out from the hallway with Paul chasing her as my Mother sat down. It seems this caught Paul by surprise as he stopped where he was and stood straight, "Oh sorry. I didn't know you were here. It's nice to see you, been a while." My Mother and Stepfather have met Paul, once maybe twice. "Oh yes, you're Paul? The other guitar player for Rammstein." My Mother questioned as she and my stepfather sat down. Paul nodded his head and smiled, "That's me." He was cut off by Maxime, "Paul can we still play hide and chase now?" I shook my head and slightly ruffled her hair, smiling, "I'm afraid Paul needs to help me get the food out and ready. I'm sure if you ask later he'll play before you go though." Maxime smiled and nodded understanding before excitedly asking me, "Oki, can I play with my dolls until dinners out Dad?" I nodded my head and said "Of course." before me and Paul made our way into the kitchen to sort out the last bits of food. We placed it on the table in a sort of 'serve yourself, get what you want' fashion and we all sat down. We ate in silence most of the time, as you do most of the time when eating. Me and Paul sat next to each other, Paul on my left and Maxime on my right. Across from me was my Mother, to her left was her husband to her right was Merlin. Khira sat at the head of the table, closest to the side Maxime was on. Me and Paul had decided we'd tell everyone after food, that way if anyone had a bad reaction then we wouldn't have to sit through a very awkward dinner of disappointed or disgusted looks. Hopefully any people who didn't like this would just leave.

It was at the time now where plates were emptied and taken away by me and Paul. I stood in the kitchen, in front of the sink of pots and plates soaking in hot soapy water, over thinking again. I can't even say what I was over thinking. It was everything at once. Paul gave me a small kiss to bring me out of my over thinking state when no one was looking and it made me smile. It made me remember that I have him. After time of not having him, of hiding it from everyone, even from him, how much I care for him I don't want to hide it anymore. "Come on my Paul, lets tell them. How bad could it be." When we entered the dining room again everyones attention seemed to turn to us, as if they knew we had something to say. We stood at the head of the table, opposite to Khira side by side as I started, "Erum, so we didn't just invite you all here for a nice dinner and a chat. We have something that we want to tell all."
"Is it something to do with Rammstein?" Khira asked, sounding almost worried. I shook my head and she frowned, "Well, why is it something you and Paul need to tell us? No offense, but what does Paul have to do with it if it's something family related which I guess it is since we're all here?"
"No offense taken." Paul said chuckling a little as he spoke, more to himself than anyone else in the room. "It has a lot to do with Paul actually." I took a deep breath, ready to admit to my family my admiration for my band mate. "For a month and a bit now, me and Paul, we've been dating actually. So, I now have a boyfriend. And I guessed it was best to tell all my family as a family. It's a big difference and a big change, but it's what's going on. It doesn't really change anything, just the fact you might be seeing more of Paul and obviously it's a different relationship dynamic, for us both." A bit like when telling the guys, it was silent. I could see my Stepfather already unhappy with this announcement. My mother looked slightly unhappy but more confused. Khira and Merlin seemed confused as well and so did Maxime, but I could tell hers was more of a no idea what this means thing and I don't care where as the others were confused about the difference. "So, Dad are you like gay?" Merlin asked, almost as cautiously as Christoph did the other day asking if me and Paul were dating. I shook my head no, "No I'm not. Well, I'm not sure if I'm being honest." More silence then Khira stood up and smiled at me, "Well Dad, as long as you're happy then it's all good. Right Merlin. Maxime." They both nodded and smiled, Maxime obviously still confused but just happy that everyone else was I guess. Khira came and gave me a hug, as did Merlin and Maxime. This was when I'd realised my Mother still hadn't said anything. "Khira, could you Merlin and Maxime go wash up for me please?" I asked her, hoping she'd take my subtle hint which she did.

Once the kids were out of the way, out of earshot, I sat back across from my Mother, Paul following me and holding my hand gently. "So, this is your next thing? A gay relationship? With your guitar player? Really Richard." I felt like a child, a child being told off by his disappointed Mother. "Yes Mother. I know, it seems odd probably. But," I took another breath, another getting ready for what I was saying next. "I don't exactly care what you think." She seemed a little taken back by this but I continued, "I don't care because I care about Paul more. I enjoy our relationship. It's made me happier in a month than most that I've had in my lifetime." Out the side of my eye I saw Paul smiling and this made me happy. I felt good, sticking up for my Paul. For our relationship. "Well, I can't say I'm thrilled. But... you two do seem happy. Just keep the cute couple stuff away from me and your Stepfather please." This might seem unpleasant to some people but for my Mother, this was fairly kind. It had gone relatively well besides the fact my Stepfather was still definitely not happy. Just as my Mother had finished Maxime came and pulled Pauls arm, "Can we play hide and chase now Paulie?"

Three days later it was time for Pauls family. He invited his Mother, Father, son and daughter. That day however I had a late doctors appointment, just a check-up before going back on tour so I had to leave him with all the cooking that day. I considered cancelling it but I had been waiting for so long for an appointment I couldn't risk losing it. I liked to be top health on tours, or at least close to which I found out I was at my appointment. On my way to Pauls, to make it an extra stressful day, I got stuck in a lot of traffic. By the time I arrived at Pauls house his family was already there. I knocked on the door as a small amount of rain started falling. His Mother came to the door and looked shocked to see me, I guess Paul forgot to say I would be coming at some point. "Oh Richard. How good to see you. Come in, come in before it starts raining properly and you catch a cold." I didn't complain and went in, hanging up my damp coat on the rack. I greeted all Pauls family and went into the kitchen to say hello to Paul. His Mother followed behind me so I had to keep it friendly for now, "Paul. Hi. Sorry I'm late. The appointment was delayed then there was a bunch of traffic." We had a short hug, nothing to create suspicion to his Mother but enough to get our fill of each others touch. "It's good Richard. No worries. You're just in time, foods just done."
"Oh, want help putting it out?" I asked picking up a dish. His Mother came from beside me, grabbing the pot out my hands and smiling at me, "I didn't know you were joining Richard. Go sit down, get comfy. I'll help Paul." Even though I wanted to argue I didn't feel like causing an issue over something like putting out food. I went into the living room and told everyone food will be put out and to go to the table. Soon we were all eating our food, very well made and very good tasting. Me and Paul sat next to each other again, I was on the end with Paul to my left and Pauls sons to his left. Across from me was Pauls Mother, then his father and then Pauls daughter on the end. This dinner had a slightly different atmosphere. Pauls parents were good, kind people. His Mother always going out of her way for others. His Father always supportive. Again, the time came when the plates were off the table, his Mother and him took them away and Paul came back, sitting back next to me. He gave me a look, almost asking if I was ready and I smiled at him. It seemed more likely his parents would be happy with it. I really couldn't imagine any of them having a bad reaction. "So, I invited all of you here because I need to tell all of you something and we figured it would be easier to tell everyone together." His family all diverted their attention to Paul and he continued. "For maybe just over a month, me and Richard have been going out. Dating. We already told the Rammstein guys, because Till found out and made us, Richard family knows. Now you guys know. We both understand this is a difference, a big change but I think it's safe to say this relationship, already is better than half I've experienced and half Richard has as well. Hopefully this doesn't change much." His Mother was all smiles as soon as Paul said "dating", when he was done she stood up and approached us. Paul stood up and she hugged him tight. "Oh son, that's great. I'm happy for you. And happy for you to Richard." She smiled at me and gave me a hug as well. Pauls son spoke up once his Mother had sat down, a bit like Merlin did he asked, "You're gay then dad?"
"Right now, I guess I am." Paul chuckled and so did everyone else, including me. This was nice. I was relieved both mine and Pauls family were respecting and accepting our relationship.

Now, back to tour time.

-

-

AN obviously i don't know how the families are, who's close and who isn't but i just went off some basic stuff i knew about richard and so basics of paul. mainly made off of what i'd guessed the families would be like.

also i'm pretty sure those are the names of richards kids but i honestly don't know, i know maxime from music videos and that's it haha as for pauls kids i had no clue lol but found out his son is called emil and is a actor and director (pretty cool).

:]