Chapter 13 | The meeting.

Richard POV.

It had been a long, sleepless night. Not only for me but Paul as well. For once he couldn't sleep, not well at least. He kept tossing and turning and waking up. Every time I did my best to hug, cuddle, keep him happy whilst putting aside my own unhappiness. It was 7am and I think we'd both finally given up on any idea of sleep. Paul turned to me, I was laid on my back and he was on his side, legs and arms flung over me. "Richard. What are we going to do? What if they decide we can't do this or something? We-"
"Paul. My Paul.. I don't know what's going to happen. But right now, I just want to lay with you. In this little moment of... heaven. Peace before the possible storm. I just want to enjoy this. Please." I turned my head to look at him and smiled slightly. He gave me a bright smile and cuddled me more, "Of course, Reesh. Sorry... Since when was I your Paul?" I felt a strong blush form on my cheeks as I stumbled on words. "Oh erm, I don't know. I think it was just a random phrase I chose." He chuckled and kissed my burning cheek, rubbing his hand along my chest in a comforting way, "It's okay, Reesh. You don't have to be embarrassed or anything. It was cute." I smiled at him and kissed him.

We stayed laid like this for a few hours, exchanging kisses, cuddles, and random small talk. It was 9am when I next noticed the time, time has been flying by however I know that as soon as we get to 11 it'll drag. "Do you want some breakfast or anything before we have to get ready?" I asked, I wasn't hungry but Paul might be. He usually enjoys his food. He shook his head, "No, I'm not hungry. Thanks for asking though Reesh. I need a shower though." If Paul isn't hungry that's a real show of uncomfortable feelings. "Okay, same. You can go first, I think I'll make some coffee." I crawled my way off of the bed and stretched as I stood up. I was enjoying a good morning stretch when I felt Paul hug me from behind, kneeled up on the bed. I leant back slightly, loving the feeling of his warmth. He rested his head on my shoulder and kissed the side of my neck, "Do you think it'll all be okay though?" He softly asked again. I sighed and replied is a small soft tone, comforting, the best I could muster at least in this stressful day, "Honestly Paul, I'm not sure. But we'll soon find out, won't we." Paul let out a groan and fell back onto the bed, arms spread and legs dangling of the edge, "Sadly, yes we will."

An hour later and it was time to set off for the meeting. Both me and Paul have showered, drank a few cups of coffee and I've smoked more than I have in a week. Nervousness makes me chain smoke, chain smoke more than usual. Paul's been trying to calm me, telling me to stop smoking to my death. "Okay, okay Paul. I'll try. But we need to set off, we'll be late and enough attention will be on us already today without us being late." We both dragged ourselves out to the car and Paul drove. The drive was about half an hour and when we pulled up to the meeting spot I could already see everyone elses cars. We weren't late, but we were last here. We both sat there, the car turned off and in silence. Thoughts of what's about to happen clouded my brain, really like a storm. I felt Pauls hand gently grab mine to bring me out of my trance and I looked at him, I couldn't help but smile. He's so handsome, and kind, and the sweetest, funniest man. But if the guys can't get over this, this will end. I just need one more moment with him, just in case. I leaned over to him and just rested my forehead on his, looking into his perfect eyes. Pauls hand which wasn't holding mine moved and held the back of my head lightly, stroking through my hair every now and then. This was our position for a few minutes, all silent still. We couldn't stay like this much longer though. I knew this and so I leaned to kiss him. "Come on, let's go. The sooner it's over the sooner we know."

We both walked up and into the meeting spot, into the room that all the guys were in. There wasn't anything off about the guys, they all stood up to greet us. Even Till said hello to us both as normal. We all sat down around the rectangle table in the room. Me, Paul then Oliver on the left side. Flake, Till and Christoph on the right side. "So, why did you ask us all here Till on our break?" Oliver asked. Oliver is a quiet, usually very chilled guy but his tone was obviously a little frustrated or annoyed right now. I get it, we're on break and that usually means a break from shows, but also a break from seeing each other so much. This is a great start. Till was dead straight faced looking at me and Paul as he simply said with no emotion to what was about to happen, "Paul and Richard will explain. It isn't my issue to tell you guys." All the guys attention turned to us and I felt Paul shrink in his seat next to me. "Are you two okay? You haven't fallen out of something have you?" Christoph asked quickly sounding very worried. Me and Paul have had falling outs before, nothing major but I think it's always in the back of the guys mind with my temperament with other people. Especially other guys in the band. Everyone gets a little temperamental when you're stuck with the same people for years in close proximity. I took a breath and shook my head, "No, no. The opposite really.." I just needed to get this over with. If I say it quickly, then it's out there. It's done, that's how I'm looking at this.