Chapter 15 | Differences on the bus.

Pauls POV.

[Changing it up, fancy lol]

"Paul. PAUL! WE'RE LATE!" I woke up being shook violently by my shoulders. My eyes shot open and Richard was the one shaking me. Who else could it be? Last night he'd stayed at my apartment since it was closer to the meeting spot for the bus, but we'd also stayed up really late watching a weird tv show together. My brain seemed to switch on all at once as I leaped out of my bed. "By how long?"
"It's nine, we're late by a fucking hour. We need to get a move on or Till will be on our ass for being late. He won't let it go for a week." This late awakening wouldn't be too bad if we just had to get up and go but me and Richard had left some packing for this morning, we figured getting the last minute stuff sorted.. well, last minute, would be easier. The last few clothes that were washed last night and having been drying all night in the bags. Chargers for phones and cameras in bags. Any other things like books or notepads in bags. Throwing out the last bit of food in the fridge so it didn't get moldy. Lock up the house. Then run.

Richard got the last of the clothes in the suitcases while I grabbed the chargers. Luckily we had used them the night before getting everything to 100% before we left so they were all in the same place. I put them into a little hand-held bag because we'd be needing them at some point before we got our suitcases again. I also grabbed the bits I wanted: my books, notepads, pens and camera shoving them in the same hand-held bag. Richard did the same while trying to throw on a t-shirt which reminded me, I needed to do the same. I put on a pair of jeans and a loose shirt before wiggling my feet into my boots, not bothering to untie them to just tie them again two second later. "Reesh, will you clear the fridge? I need to pee really badly." I spotted Richard disappearing into the kitchen just as I set off for the bathroom, him mumbling a simple, "I'm on it now." Richard's not much of a morning person I've learnt, I knew this already but I've really seen it more now I'm waking up with him. He likes to wake up slowly with lots of cuddles, kisses, and coffee. Right now, I'm surprised he's not in an angry mood. Only once has he been annoyed this week of us being together, and that was in the morning when a random door seller came by at nine in the morning, banging on the door to wake us up to tell us about some religion we didn't care about. Richard simply shut the door in his face. No words said. We were supposed to be up at eight this morning, that would have given plenty of time for the usual slow wake up and last minute packing. But now that's obviously not happened.

I peed and left the bathroom with wet hands from washing them, no time to dry them properly. We needed to be at the meeting point for half ten. It was supposed to be noon but it got changed last minute, meaning last night. For timing of us getting into the country we were going to first, it would be easier or something. I hadn't really paid attention honestly. Richard came in from the backdoor, washing his hands in the sink. "That fridge was already disgusting. We order too much, we need to start cooking more." Even though he's not nearly as annoyed as I thought he'd be, I still knew not to push his patience today so I just agreed. And truthfully he was right anyway.

He was still washing his hands when I crept up behind him, giving him a gentle hug from behind. For a moment Richard seemed to melt into me, letting out a very content sounding sigh. His hands held mine close to him and his head rested back on my should. I was just enough shorter than him that he was comfortable in this position, his head at a good angle and his neck was not contorted into an uncomfortable bend. I laid small, light kisses onto his smooth skinned neck, just another attempt from me to make him feel better. And it was working very well, Richard was melting more and more into me, relaxing for the first time that morning. That was until he looked towards the clock. Groaning and pulling himself out of my arms he went to move from me, "We need to go if we're going to be there in time." I nodded my head, showing I understood but grabbed his arms again turning him to face me, "Okay, but first." I then gave him a strong but gentle kiss. Okay, Richard isn't the only one who likes slow mornings with kisses. I missed it as well, but I'm not grumpy because of it. Richard kissed me back instantly and gently stroked the back of my neck as I played with his hair. The kiss lasted a small while before we left.