Chapter 3 | The Bus Journey.

Richards POV.

About half an hour later I was on the bus, after Till, Flake and Paul. Followed by Oliver then last Schneider. Then the dreaded trip began. Apparently we were going to be travelling for about 9 hours. Not a normal length but it happens from time to time, having to travel a long distance.

The bus was a good size, which it has to be for all of us to fit along with some crew members. This time we had a double decker tour bus. On the bottom was a seating area with TVs set up and then a kitchen, with a small stove, fridge, counters, and cupboards. Back there also has seating areas for eating at with tables. In the fair left corner, there was also a small bathroom, toilet and a sink. And the stairs were across from that.

Upstairs was a back seating area which was quite small, mainly used as an extra bit of storage but it's also a good place to hide away for some space. I think only myself and Till really use this though as I've not seen any of the other guys go in there. And then the rest was sleeping bunks with another small sitting area at the far front of the bus.

I was sat at the kitchen area eating some food, something Russian and fair enough it was pretty nice. Flake was on the opposite side of the bus at the other table also eating something. As I was sat running over events of the day Till dumped down across from me, startling me out of my daydreaming. He huffed slightly, not for attention just a general sigh of frustration. I understand this silent protest and kept eating my food. He looked out the window and watched the other cars, people and just the general scene go by. Behind me I could hear that the TV was on but I couldn't tell what sort of show or movie it was.

Just as I was drifting back into my daydream I felt the chair next to me sink a little signalling someone sat down. I looked out of the corner of my eye to see and it was Paul. My heart started to skip a little. Why? Why? It's just Paul. H's one of my best friends, I'm never worried about being with him. It's probably when I'm most comfortable... Or used to be. I slowly see a small fork sneaking over to my plate. I left it until I saw it poke a bit of food and start pulling it away, still very slowly and 'stealthy', not at all Paul. I grabbed his hand, not too hard in case I hurt him but just enough to stop him. I finally looked at him and acted angry, "Who said you could eat my food? Huh? I know I didn't." Paul looked almost taken back, my acting must be good right now because usually he can tell when I'm joking. Is something wrong with him? Is he okay? Am I acting different and just don't realise? Should I tell him now I'm just joking? "OH, oh uh well I just wanted to try it. Sorry Richard, I didn't think. Sorry." Okay, somethings definitely wrong, he's rambling. "Paul, it's good." I gave him a wide, joking smile and patted his back gently letting go of his hand, "I'm just joking. You can try it if you want, I don't mind you asking or not either, just as long as you don't eat it all." I chuckled. He seemed to feel slightly embarrassed as he blushed a little and looked at his lap. To try lightening the mood fully again I nudged him, "Guess my drama queen act is coming together well huh? You couldn't even tell I was acting." I smiled and he finally chuckled along. "Yes, very good Reesh. Had me worried for a second there actually." He awkwardly chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck with the hand not holding his fork, still with the food. I took the fork and picked out a piece of the food I knew he'd like over what he'd 'sneaked' and handed it back, "That's not my favourite part, but you'd like it compared to what you took." He sniffed the food before putting it to his mouth. I watched as he chewed, curious if my guess had been right. He closed his eyes and dramatically hummed, "Ooooo that's goood! Wait what is it? I want some." Knew I'd be right. By this time, I should mention Flake and Oliver have gone to sleep, they're the early nighters. However, Schneider wasn't too far off. Till had left the table and was watching TV, more on his phone reading something. "I'm not sure honestly, but it is nice, isn't it? And another bit of bad news, there's no more other than this I have." Paul made a small sad face and my heart instantly said GIVE HIM THE FOOD so I did. I pushed over the plate of food, "Here though, you can have this if you want."
"No Reesh. You eat it, honestly I'll be good. I'll find something else." He smiled and pushed the food back. He's too sweet!
"Honestly Paul, I'm good. I'm full. And I know you want it, just take it." Paul seemed to think about it for a second before smiling brightly at me, "Thank you Richard!" He also gave me a little side hug, which I returned to the best of my ability, before taking the plate. He tucked in instantly and I could see the happiness in his smile which made me very happy. I would usually give him made a part of my food, but never all my food. I mean, I'm still hungry... but he's happy. But why do I care so much all of a sudden? That fucking kiss, it messed me right up. Right now, all I need, I think... is to be alone? To think? Think of what though is my problem?

So much thought for so long that Paul has finished the food and was now getting up to clean the plate. I stood up after him and took the plate, "It was mine first so I'll clean it, I was getting up anyway, I'm going upstairs now." I started cleaning the plate, using some soap. "Okay, thanks Reesh. You going to bed?" He asked standing in front of me, looking up to me. He's not awfully short compared to me, just enough for it to be obvious and cute. Cute? Paul's not cute.... Well maybe he is?.. But just with his height you know? Anyone who's short could be cute. But he's my best friend, they're not supposed to be cute to you. Or are they? I've never experienced or heard of this before... Maybe I need to ask someone? But who? I can't ask any of the guys because they'll ask who it's about. Same goes for asking Paul because it's literally about him. Or maybe- "Reesh? Richard? Did you hear me?" I snapped out if it. Again, it's literally a storm of thoughts, no way through them. "Yea yea, I did. Sorry Paul, just thinking about something." I finished cleaning the plate, which I'd stopped scrubbing when I was thinking. "Oh, okay.. Not anything bad right?"
"No no no, no nothing bad. Just... something very consuming we'll say." There was a small pause, "Consuming... but not bad?" I could tell he was prodding me for answers but what could I say. Oh, yea I was just thinking about how cute you are and also yea I want to kiss you again. How'd you feel about that? No, that couldn't go down well. As much as I hate lying to him I kind of had to with good reason today, "Yea. Honestly Paul, it's good. Just some thought I've been thinking of that's kind of took hold of my brain for the moment. It'll be good tomorrow." No, it won't, it won't be better tomorrow.
"Hmmm, okay. If you say so, I trust you Richard. After all you know you best." He smiled wide at me before yawning.

It was late now. Only me, Paul and Till are up now, Schneider left a little while ago. It isn't odd for me and Till to still be up but Paul's about ready to drop and I think it's finally hitting him. "Okay, well Reesh, thank you for the food, you're the best friend for giving me that delicious... thing. We'll have to find out what it's called and see if we can get it anywhere else.." He trailed off thinking before looking back at me and smiling, "Yea, time for bed now though. Don't be too late yourself, it's not good for you. You neeed your sleep for lots of things in your body-"
"Okay, Doctor Paul. I know I know, I won't, promise. The only reason I don't sleep on the bus is the uncomfortableness..? Uncomfortableness? Yea, that's right... Right?" He chuckled, "Don't ask me, I have no idea... Anyways, goodnight Reesh, I hope you do sleep well for once."

I expected him to just leave now but as he went to slide past me, we were still stood beside the sink so the corridor was a little skinnier, he turned last second and looked at me before giving me a small hug. It was so small and quick I couldn't really reciprocate it properly, but hopefully he knew I was wanting to. Paul finally then left; I don't mean finally in a happy way. I want him to be back and here again. He only just left and he's literally upstairs...I can still hear his footsteps getting changed for bed.

Really, what is wrong with me? I'm going to have to go to that small back room and think things over. It really should be called Richards over thinking room at this stage. But it gets my thoughts out, so lets go.... I guess.