Chapter 12 | Exposed.

Richards POV.

"Hi Richard. I realised you left your hoodie and I've been meaning to bring it for ages now but haven't had the chance. Family and friends being around a lot and all. I wondered whether you wanted it back but then just wanted to come see if you wanted to hang out as well? I'm getting a bit bored of being home alone now everyone has visited." Till seemed to ramble on stood in the doorway about how he had no one at his house. No one to talk to. It honestly made me think he was lying but I couldn't question it, I needed to decide what to do right now. There's a lot at stake here. "Oh yea. I mean we can hang out if you want Till. Erh come in, I need to get dressed, obviously." I gestured Till into the house, instantly regretting my decision as he passed me. I should have just rejected his idea. I like hanging out with Till but right now mine and Pauls thing could be found out. All it'd take was Till walking into my room, or Paul coming out of the room not knowing Till's here. Fuck, think Richard.

"What have you been doing with this time off then?" Till asked sitting down on the couch, making himself comfortable knowing I still needed to get dressed. I wasn't actually sure if he wanted to go out or stay at my place and just hang out here. "Oh, erh just the same as you. My kids and a few friends to visit, after that I've not really been doing anything." I just kind of standing there in the doorway to the living room. Why am I awkward in my own house? Awkward about Till when he's my friend? Because I know that any second, one mistake could mean a whole new problem occurs. "Do you, erh, want a drink or something Till?" I said trying to talk loud enough so Paul could possibly hear but also not too obvious to Till. "Hmm, go on then. What you got?" I walked into the kitchen and looked in the fridge, listing through the options and he asked for a beer. "Okay, be back soon just going to get dressed." I said handing him a beer and the lid opener.

Pauls POV.

I sat on the bed waiting for Richard to come back, tell me it was some door sales person or something. Today has been a good day, the only way to end it now would be going to bed together again. I should be home now really, I said I'd stay here for a night but something tells me Richard doesn't mind me being here either. It had been a small while now since Richard went to the door and I wanted to make sure everything was okay so I got up, ready to go to the door. When I got to the bedroom door though I heard the apartment door close and a heavy set of footsteps enter the apartment. Definitely not Richards... "What have you been doing with this time off then?" I heard someone very familiar say from the living room. "Oh, erh just the same as you. My kids and a few friends to visit, after that I've not really been doing anything." I heard Richard reply. Even from here I could tell something was going on, whoever was here was making Richard very uncomfortable. "Do you, erh, want a drink or something Till?" Till?! Oh fuck no. I stood still in my tracks at the door, ear pressed against the wood, waiting to hear what was happening next. Then I heard footsteps approaching the bedroom, Richards I hope.

Richards POV.

When I walked into the bedroom Paul was stood, obviously as if he had his head against the door before I came in, listening carefully. I shut the door quickly behind me so Till wouldn't peek in and hopefully wouldn't hear. "Shit, Richard what do we do? Do you think he'll come in here?" Paul asked whispering but doing that whisper yelling thing when you need to be quiet but your also scared or worried. I shrugged as I grabbed some jeans, putting them on quickly, nearly tripping over my own legs. "I don't know Paul. I don't think he'll come in here honestly. But then again it's Till, you never really know what he's going to do." Then a knock at the door and I instantly thought to yell back, "Wait Till, I'm not decent just yet, don't come in please."
"Okay Richard, but who are you talking to?" I looked at Paul and gestured to get under the bed. Paul looked at me as if I was crazy but I just gestured again. He got down and shuffled under just as I yelled back, "Oh I'm.. I'm on the phone that's all." I pulled a hoodie over myself while grabbing my phone and pretended to be on it as I looked to see if Paul was hidden. He was, besides the fact that you could still see him slightly until I moved the duvet to cover his head. I walked over to the door, putting the phone to my ear to try and prove to Till it was just that. When I opened it I smiled at him, "Sorry, didn't know they would call me right now." Till nodded his head as he looked from the phone to me, "Oh, who is it?" Who is it? Who is it? Fuck, who is it? It has to be someone he wouldn't want to talk to... Oh! "Its just a guy from the bank." This way Till couldn't talk to the guy on the phone, the one who didn't exist. Till again nodded his head and walked away, "Oh, okay. Sorry didn't mean to interrupt."
"It's okay, I'll be out in a minute." I called out as I shut the door behind him. Paul moved the sheet out of his face and glared at me. I shrugged my shoulders, "What? What was I supposed to do? Come on I'll help you. I don't think he'll come back in." I kneeled down and helped pull Paul out from under the bed, brushing him slightly to get the bits of dust and fluff off. "Okay, I'll see if I can convince Till to go out with me to the shop or something and you can leave if you want." Paul nodded his head but then shook it, "How are you going to get him to leave? He'll probably just say he'll wait here."
"Well, I have to try. I'll message you to tell you what's going on."