Chapter 22 | Sonnenschein [Final chapter].

3rd Person POV.

After the video came out, life did change quite a lot for everyone involved. Paul and Richard had to get used to the idea everyone knew they were one, in a way, gay. And two, dating each other. The fans were kind. Half of them started making videos and edits of them being cute on stage. Off of stage was better as well. They felt like they could finally be themselves. They could hold hands when they went out which was Richards favourite part. Go on dates, which was Pauls favourite part. The Rammstein guys were proud of their friends, and Flake had even loosened up about the whole situation. The guys in the band have actually been a little curious and Flake a Till recently, they seemed close. Maybe a little too close? A bit like Richard and Paul before everything came out about them. But they can't know unless anything is said. Both the guys families had been very accepting still of them being together, Maxime and Paul still played hide and chase every time she came to see Richard. Everything was going well for the two men.

Tomorrow they were going back on tour after the few months off, and Richard wanted to ask Paul something before they left. He felt like it was good timing and needed to be done before they left. So, he prepared a home date from them. Even though they could go out now nothing really beat making a dinner and watching movies together all night, both of them would agree on that. Paul had been staying at his house for a few days and they hadn't seen each other, only talked over the phone. He had some drama with his son, something about his sons girlfriend kicked him out or something like that. Whatever it was really affected his son so Paul chose to be there for him when he needed him. Which Richard was fine with of course, if it was one of his daughters he'd have done the same thing. But Richard did have to admit he was missing Paul. A lot. After months before tour and on tour, then off tour again, of being together it was hard to be apart. Hence why Richard believed this was a good time to ask his question.

When Paul got to Richard house he let himself in, thinking he and Richard were going to hang out tonight and order food. He wandered into the living room and didn't see Richard so he went into the joining kitchen. Stood over the stove was a very concentrated Richard, trying to get the source for the dinner just right. So concentrated he didn't hear Paul come in, and just continued stirring. However, Paul liked this. It gave him a moment to just observe his boyfriend. The man he loves, the only man he's ever loved. Paul approached Richard, not particularly quietly, but he still didn't notice. Paul thought it was best to hide his childish thought of scaring Richard though because he'd probably burn himself on the source. Instead, he opted for a gentle kiss on the back of his head, which he had to stand on his tip toes to do, but he figured it was gentler than a tap or shake or push. After all, anyone can come into the house and push you, but really the only person who'll come into Richards house and kiss him is Paul. Maybe Christoph when he's messing around, but Richard wasn't expecting anyone other than Paul.

This approach either worked, or Richard did notice Paul was there before and just didn't show it because he didn't even flinch at Pauls 'sudden' appearance. "Hello mein liebe. I heard you come in." Well, that answers that question. "I was hoping to be more done before you arrived, but the source has taken a little longer than I thought it would. But, once this is done then we can eat. How's that sound Liebe?" Paul nodded his head and gently hugged Richard from behind since he was still so invested in the source to have a proper hug. "That sounds wonderful Liebchen. But I thought we were just chilling together tonight? Where did all this come from?" Richard chuckled, the chuckled slightly shaking Paul as his arms were wrapped around Richards waist. "I don't know. I just felt like it. Can I not spoil you with a surprise from time to time." Paul nodded and smiled, again kissing Richards head, "Of course you can Reesh. I just wasn't expecting it, that's all. But I'm looking forward to it. It smells really nice."