Progress

Nathalie and Gabriel stared at each other in utter shock.

"Please tell me, he is still the oblivious, little boy, he used to be and didn't understand, what I am talking about!", the young woman groaned.

Gabriel laughed, yet his face was just as red as hers.

"I have rather bad news for you, my dear Nathalie. It was very obvious, that he knew exactly, what we were doing!", he said amused.

"Yeah, I was afraid, he did. Do you want me to come with you to talk to him? Whatever he wants to talk about. I mean, well..... you and him haven't been very close over those last years, maybe he....", she approached the issue reluctantly.

"...needs his mum by his side, when he's feeling sad?", he finished her sentence, "I was talking about you by the way!"

Nathalie turned instantly pale.

"What? No! You can't just say things like that, Gabriel! I would never....just thinking about trying to.....replace.....I wouldn't da..."

He had rolled them both over and was now hovering above the stammering woman and shut her up with his lips on hers.

"We know both very well, that you, my love, were the only one who was a parent to him over the last years. And I am sure, that Adrien sees it that way too. So stop being humble and be proud of what you did for him! For both of us. You took care of all the things, I should have been there for. Damn, I didn't even get him anything for his birthday myself!", Gabriel now exclaimed agitatedly.

Nathalie scoffed:

"Yeah and I got him the very same pen three times in a row, to then steal the present from one of his classmates, because I didn't get one for you to give him!"

The tall man stared at her for a while, then broke into a guffaw.

"That's hilarious, dear. I know, I know, it's also sad and pathetic, that I didn't buy him something myself and blamed you for not doing it without an order, but it still is utterly funny, as Audrey would say! What did 'you' get him the year after that? I know, you had something wrapped very nicely for him, while I, well......at least I remembered and got him anything!"

He placed himself on his right, one arm around her waist, when she turned to her left to face him again.

"Don't speak of yourself so low. It wasn't that bad. He still has these gloves with him at every tournament, even though they don't fit him anymore. It may have just been part of his fencing equipment, but just the fact, that you chose them yourself and gave them to him in person, made an incredible difference. He holds them very precious, Gabriel!"

A/N:(me thinking immediately of Gollum/Smeagol: 'Myyyyyyy prreciousssssss')

She lifted one hand and wiped the tears from his eyes, as he had started to cry from her words. Now he sniffled and smiled at the woman he loved, before cupping her face with one hand.

"I love how you can make me feel better, Nathalie. And yes, I do want you to come talk to Adrien, because of everything I said before and because we are....are we? A couple, I mean? Do you want us to be? For real? Forever? As in moving in together", he gazed around and chuckled, "well, we can skip that, but you know what I am talking about right? Living together, going on dates, making us official in front of an audience....."

"Woah, slow down a little. There is no need for the public to know already! You said so yourself!", Nathalie scolded him.

But Gabriel simply smirked and replied:

"That's not, what I meant! But we can talk about that later. Let's go and see what Adrien wanted. I mean, there is still the situation with the two miraculous, he needs to take to Ladybug! I want, no, I need this to be done. If she can't find a way, to cure you completely, then I don't know, who possibly could. Do you need help to get dressed?"