Arrival

It was only three hours later, when the fresh parents arrived at the mansion, being immediately greeted by the young couple and a huge canvas on which Marinette had painted in large, pink letters:

'WELCOME HOME, BABY GIRL!'

Nathalie beamed widely at the young woman and while Adrien hugged his father tightly, the two females gave each other a one armed embrace, because the new mother was holding her little daughter in the other arm.

"Oh my, she's so beautiful! Did you eventually find a name for her?", Marinette gushed out.

With a nod Nathalie looked towards her husband, waiting for him to turn his attention to their conversation too.

"We have!", he said and let the teenage girl hug him too, while his son eyed his little sister in awe. "As we were rather surprised by having a little girl instead of a boy and after considering, how very special this is, that the gender in several examinations was seen wrong, after some googling and Nathalie being reminded of one of her favourite shows, when she read the name, we decided to call her Rarity!"

That made Marinette and Nathalie beam widely, thinking of the show, the name came from, while Adrien stared at his parents open mouthed.

"My little pony? Seriously? I would have never even thought any of you, to consider a name taken from any animated show! But I love it. Oh and Nath, you should have told him, which show you were talking about! Because now he looks incredibly shocked and almost pissed!", the teenager giggled.

"W-Why don't we just call it surprised, Adrien?", Gabriel squeezed through gritted teeth, as he turned his head and shot his wife an angry glare.

Nathalie though shrugged and objected:

"After her, growing inside of me, and me having carried her around for so long, then going through all the pain of giving birth, I think I have the right to bend the truth a tiny bit to spare me from the discussion, wouldn't you think?"

"Fine, you're right! But you could have told me anyway!", the man, who was already blissfully smiling again, ranted.

"Can I hold her, as long as you both get out of your jackets and stuff?", Adrien now pleaded and the new mother agreed with a wide smile.

"Of course you can, honey, just come here!"

Only a few seconds later, she placed the small newborn in his arms, showing him, how to support her head, to then let her husband help her out of her coat.

"Thank you, darling!", she whispered lovingly.

"My pleasure, mummy!", he cooed, making her instantly hug and kiss him, while tears started to run down her cheeks.

"We've got another surprise for you!", Marinette now told them, while nudging the married couple towards the dining room.

There, beside the already set table, stood a small, also pink cot, with wheels at the bottom, so it could be rolled around, and a purple sheet around the tiny mattress.

"That's to give you the opportunity to have her close all the time, no matter what you are doing. Even if you're starting to work again. And I am not saying, you should, just that I am well aware, that you won't be able to keep yourself from it for very long! It was mine, when I was a baby by the way, that's why the colour fits already. I had my dad bring it over and then we cleaned it and got a new mattress for it, because of all the things, that could be in the old one after all the years, like germs and mould!", the girl explained enthusiastically.

Now Nathalie beamed at her and pulled her into another hug, this time pressing her firmly against her chest, making the teenager gasp for air.

"Sorry, I was just so overwhelmed by all the things you did in such a short amount of time. Thank you so very much!", she exclaimed and hugged the girl again, just softer this time.