Giving up?

Gabriel sighed when he heard the woman, he loved so much and coveted more with each day that passed by, cry silently into the pillow on her bed in her old room.

He knew, what was bothering her. Six months had passed already and despite them, being like horny teenagers most of the time, she most likely had just noticed another period starting, telling her, that again, they had been without success.

He quietly slipped into the room and sat down on the mattress right beside her, placing a hand between her shoulder blades and began to rub gently up and down.

After a while she calmed down, her sobs getting quieter and she mumbled into the cushion:

"I know, that I am pathetic. After all the things I said to you back when the kids managed to cure me, I am now that crying mess once a month! I am really sorry, Gabriel. I thought we would be able to....."

Her lower lip began to quiver, before she could finish her sentence and the designer just laid down next to her and pulled her into his arms, holding her tight to his chest and rubbed along her back.

"You need to relax, dear! If we stop to desperately try to get you pregnant, I am certain, it will happen much sooner. Remember back when we were on that little island. You were sure, that it was too early anyway and though I am not complaining now, the sex then was by far more.....or rather 'less' scheduled, more spontaneous and wild. I like it as it is now as well, don't you ever even think I wouldn't. I am still utterly amazed by the mere thought about you, wanting me as much as I want you. And all the time, night, day, in every possible place! I still struggle with not feeling guilty, if I come on to you, but 'you' do that just as often, if not even more!", he told her with a soft voice, making her at least let out a quiet chuckle.

"Maybe you're right! Let's go for spontaneous and no matter the time and place more often, than planning it for the most fertile days. And even if it still won't be successful, it won't make anything worse either. In fact, I would like to.....never mind.....", she didn't continue but her eyes were sparkling mischievously.

"No need to be ashamed, love, just tell me!"

But Nathalie shook her head with a smirk.

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise, if I told you now, right?", she hummed into his ear, then ordered, "and now, leave and let me sulk on my own for a little longer. I just need this, despite everything you said being completely and utterly true. It's a girl thing!"

Gabriel smiled lovingly at his fiancée, then pecked the top of her head and agreed:

"Fine, but if you need me or anything else, feel free to call me, or come and ask me, alright?"

She nodded and kissed his lips, letting him out of her grasp, but then caught his hand, before he could leave and said with puppy eyes:

"As you did offer so kindly, I wouldn't mind.....if you coincidentally passed by something......with chocolate....."

The overly in love man beamed and nodded, enthusing:

"Whatever you wish for, my love. I promised you that already, I think!"

When they went to sleep that night, Nathalie rolled on her back and stared at the ceiling for some time, waiting for the sleep to let her eyes flutter closed, so she then could turn to her side and snuggle with her back into Gabriel's embrace.

They had made this a ritual somehow, because she couldn't fall asleep very well, when she was too warm and he refused to fall asleep without holding her in his embrace.

So, this was their compromise. Only that tonight she felt a little different. She would like to be in his arms and feel the warmth he mostly was radiating. The thoughts she had right now, made her sad and she desperately needed his comfort.