Hospital

It was another couple of weeks later, Nathalie now being in her last trimester, her thirty-fourth pregnancy week and really had enough of it.

Marinette and Gabriel had been working a lot over those weeks, because they had both designed a new line for the fashion week in the beginning of the new year, so the mother to be had been bored a lot and after her husband not letting her do much for this time, she by now was really moody and snappy.

But as it was now eventually March and the very stressful time was over, the designer had only one larger project to finish.

So as he and his son's girlfriend were in his office, trying to turn one of the young woman's drafts into a piece of clothes, he heard his phone and as he looked, he saw Nathalie's picture on the screen and of course immediately answered:

"Darling, what's the matter? I thought you and Adrien were shopping for baby stuff. Are you alright?"

"It's me, dad! Nath isn't in the condition to talk just now. You should come to the hospital like now. The baby obviously can't wait any longer. Oh, it seems as if Nathalie is feeling better, here she is..."

"Gabriel, please don't get yourself all worked up now. I am having contractions and my water broke, but we're already back in the limousine and on our way to the clinic!", the woman in labour said.

The concerned man sighed and responded as calm as he could:

"Well, I will try to come as quick as possible. Are you going to the clinic we visited, to see how they are handling things?"

"Yes, just hurry, I need you with me!"

"I'll be quick, I love you!"

"I love you too, Gabriel!"

Marinette had heard enough and was already about to call a cab, when the designer stopped her.

"Just come, I may not drive very often, but that doesn't mean, I'm not capable of it. We'll be there before them even, if we're lucky!"

The young woman agreed and quickly followed him to the backyard and into his car.

They didn't arrive before Nathalie and Adrien, but just in time with them, Gabriel hurrying to his wife and instantaneously helping her out of the car.

"How are you feeling, love? Is it bad? I'm so sorry, I let you go on your own.... What? Why are you looking at me like that?", he gushed out.

Adrien cleared his throat loudly.

"Maybe, father, because she wasn't on her own. I was with her all of the time, so...!", the young man said in offense.

"Oh no, Adrien, I didn't mean it like that! I-I just feel guilty and bad, because I wasn't there to support your mum, going through this. Now please tell me, how are you, my love?", Gabriel rabbited apologetically.

His pregnant wife smiled at him and flung her arms around his neck to then kiss him lovingly.

"The contractions hurt, but are bearable. I feel a little flustered, because I look, as if I had peed myself, but otherwise, I am fine, I think. Just a little nervous, but way less, than I would have thought!", she told him softly. "Now let's just go inside, I would like to at least sit down for a while!"

"Oh, of course love, come, let me help you!"

He grabbed her left arm with his own left, while placing the other around her waist, supporting her steps, just as he had done, when she was still struggling with walking.

"Thank you, that's much better?", she whispered, making him smile very softly and lovingly at her.

"I wished, I could do more!", he cooed, placing a kiss on the side of her neck.