Chapter 1

Guys, this whole book is based on SH so if you aren't comfortable with reading that I will but a bold line above and below the section directly mentioning it. You won't miss any of the plot for now

6 October 2018

Barcelona, Spain

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hand grasped the blade firmly. Antonio was at training, I didn't leave for another three hours. I adjusted the waistband of my shorts and made the cut. I didn't even flinch with the pain that followed, no tears fell. I was used to it, it's been six years. I watched the lines of blood fall down my leg and I made a second one. I needed this to feel. To feel the relief. To feel anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I press the horn and just hold it down. I'm waiting for Leila, who is now five minutes late. She comes out a couple seconds later and rushes to my car.

"Really, Lia?" She asks, throwing her bag into the backseat.

"You're six minutes late Lei!" I point out.

"It's eight in the morning! I have neighbors!"

"It's nothing they haven't heard before."

"Are you excited to play Rayo Vallecano?" She asks, referring to our game this weekend.

"Yeah, we've not had a game in a while. It'll be a good match."

"Yep. And for Spain we've got a match scheduled for next month against Australia. We haven't played them before have we?"

"We're playing Australia?" I ask her. I tighten my grip on the wheel and take a quick glance at her.

"Yeah. Oh! You played in Sydney right? A long time ago."

"Yes, very long ago. Hardly even remember it, actually."

"Wasn't that long ago! What is it? Five years?" She asks.

"Six. Take your feet down Lei," I say after I glance over and see she has her feet propped up on the dashboard. She does and continues talking.

"So, any players we should be extra hard on?"

"It was six years ago Lei, their styles changed."

"Fine. How is Antonio liking the academy?" She changes the subject.

"He likes it! He has adjusted well to the team and it's going really well!" I respond. Antonio is one of the things I could talk about all day. He made me so proud with how every single thing that he did, because he managed to keep going despite our past.

"That's good! Soon he will be playing for the first team like his amazing sister," She smiled. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Hopefully. But maybe he will go somewhere else. Up to him."