Chapter 27

"My head hurts," I complain.

"You have a concussion, Lia" Alexia responds.

"I know! But I don't remember past concussions hurting this bad!"

"That my friend," She stands up and pats my shoulder. "Is because you were concussed."

"Aurelia, right?" I look up and see Emily Sonnett and Lindsey Horan.

"Yes, hi."

"Hi! You're the one that is friends with Cait right?" Emily asks.

"Um, sure," I respond.

"Why are you guys fighting? She came home from Spain a bit upset," Lindsey says.

"Did you ask Caitlin?"

"Well, no. She wouldn't have answered."

"Then I cannot help. Sorry girls." I walk back over to where Ona is and hug her.

"Everything okay?"

"I can't stand people," I complain.

"Don't let her complain about that, she's done it before, she will do it again," Leila warns her.

"Really, Aurelia?"

"I just got questioned by a couple of Americans on my friendship with their teammate! It's not any of their business!"

"You should show me Portland one day," I tell Hayley.

"I can show you Portland whenever, I can only show you around Portland when you come visit."

"You know that is what I meant," I say. She smiles and nods. "I still have not spoken to Caitlin."

"I know, I would have heard about it immediately if you had," she smiles. I smile as well and shake my head.

"I want to, but there is so much I never said that it is too late to say now."

"It's never too late Aurelia. What did she even do?"

"It's dumb!" I sigh.

"Just tell me, I won't judge."

"When I played with Sydney, she put a picture of me and some other girl together on her Instagram. My parents saw it and they got mad and threatened to make it so I would not see Toni," I explain.

"Or Mariana, so you cut her off instead. Were they homophobic?"

"Yes. I am surprised they even noticed, they did not care much when I was at home," I say. I leave out the part that was actually 'enforced' still needing to think over it.

"Did Cait know?"

"Of course not, you know more than she does. I was very closed off then."

"You still are closed off," Hayley points out.

"Yes. Not to you though."

"Not to me."

"I will look for the time to come. I am not sure when though."

"That's fine, as long as I get to see you."

"I will see you soon mi amante."

"Bye Ellie."

"Bye Hales."

"We have a break in a week," Alexia tells me.

"Okay, why are you telling only me?" I question her. She sighs and looks around before turning back to me.