Chapter 15

Aurelia's POV

I woke up with Leila's cat laying on my chest, which startled me to say the least.

"Oh my God. What is wrong with you?" I ask the creature. It just stares at me and yawns. "Oh, you're tired? I am too! So, get off me and sleep in Leila's room." It doesn't move and I glance at the clock then close my eyes. "It's two thirty in the morning and I haven't had a full night's sleep in days." I reach a hand up to take it off and it bats my hand away. "You're laying on me but I can't touch you?" It meows at me this time and I just roll me eyes in response. "I'm not fighting a cat anymore," I decided.

"I didn't know you liked cats." I open my eyes and see Leila standing at the foot of the bed smirking.

"You're cat is such a bitch. Look at this!" I complain. I reach to pet the cat and it hits me away again.

"Don't be mean to my cat Vidal. We have training in two hours."

"Right, get your damn cat since I apparently can't touch it."

"Please don't call my cat an it."

"Will do. I'll be out in ten, ready to go."

"Yeah right. Toni is making eggs, please tell me you can do more than that."

"Sure, be out soon!"

—------------------------------------------------------------
I grab my training clothes and go into the bathroom. I see my razor and pick it up. I have the time, and I take advantage of it. Releasing all the anger of losing the home I grew up in, not being able to stay in Portland with Hayley, not having my sister by my side. All the pent up emotion I had been stowing away for the past weeks.
—------------------------------------------------------------

"So what do you all want for breakfast?" I ask once I'm in the kitchen.

"Pancakes!" Leila shouts. I start cooking the pancakes and it's probably five minutes before the cat is brushing against my ankles.

"You have got to be kidding me," I mutter.

"I told you! Animals love you. We should get a pet, maybe a dog?" Toni says once he comes into the kitchen.

"Can we focus on getting a house first?"

"Yep. Thanks for the pancakes Ari!" He takes one from the cooling rack and leaves the kitchen again. After finishing cooking I quickly pick the cat up from it's place on the floor and hold it eye level with me.

"I don't hate you, but I swear to God if you lay on me while I'm sleeping again, we will not be friends." The cat meows in protest to me holding it so I set it back on the floor and it runs to Leila.

"Are you torturing my cat?" She yells from the dining room.

"No, I was telling your cat to not sleep on me! It's a perfectly reasonable request. Whenever I'm at Alexia's, Nala isn't laying on me!"

"She's just a cuddly cat!"

"Okay?"

"So be nice! Put your hand to her nose."

"I'm not putting my hand to her nose."

"Just do it! You like animals!" Toni says.

"Fine!" I put my hand out and Leila moved the cat to meet it. It took a minute to sniff my hand then the cat turns her head. "See! It's a mutual thing!"

"Animals can sense fear," Toni says, once again chiming in with helpful information.

"I'm not scared of her, I just don't particularly like her!"

"Try again!" Leila insists. I fill my eyes and once again let the cat sniff my hand. This time it licks my head.

"This doesn't mean she can sleep on me," I tell the other two, who are smiling like little kids.

"For now. Wait a week then let me know how that's going."

To: Hayley
Sorry I had to leave like that, some stuff went down at home and I had to be here to deal with it. I know you will do amazing in recovery and I'll see you on the pitch again soon! Hopefully not scoring against me!

From: Hayley
I understand, they told me some of it. Hopefully recovery goes as smoothly as you say. Miss you!

"It'll get easier. We have breaks, she has breaks and right now rehab. You'll see her soon." I look up to see Alexia standing over me.

"Maybe. Right now though, we have to train Captain. You should have a tighter rein on your team," I tease her, while gesturing to the locker room.

"We can run laps if you want?" She raises an eyebrow at me and waits for my response.

"Handle your team however you want, Captain. I'll support you through most of it."

"Most?"

"I'm not running all practice."