Chapter 16

"So then I was trying to explain to her that it wasn't going to happen but she did it again!"

"Aurelia, I love you, I swear. But you are aware you're fighting a cat?"

"Listen to me Caro, this cat has it out for me."

"It's a cat, Aurelia. It doesn't have any problem with you other than you hate it!" Caro explains.

"I don't hate it! I just how it keep sleeping on me!"

"Lia you better not be complaining about my cat again!" Leila shouts from across the pitch.

"I'm not!" I shout back. "Don't tell her what I was saying," I whisper.

"I won't, go get some water. We need to win this."

"Yep, see you in a few!" I skip over to where the water bottles are and grab one. Leike comes over to grab a bottle as well. "Are you excited? Copa de la Reina!" I grab one of her hands and jump a little.

"Yeah, we are going to win!"

"Yep! We can get to the finals and win. For sure," I agree with her. It's the first game for us in the round of 16 and we are playing Espanyol. "And, you are going to get a goal!"

"Both of us, I assist you and you assist me."

"Deal."

We finish the match 4-0 with Leike and I both getting our goals along with Alexia and Toni Duggan.

"I told you!" I yell before I jump on Leike's back. She thankfully catches me so I don't fall and she starts running around the pitch with me still on her back. "Don't drop me!"

She puts me down and Alexia comes over to us.

"Lia they want you for an interview."

"Okay, see you guys later!" I walk over to where the reporters are. They give me a headset with a microphone attached and then after a minute the questions start.

"Thank you for joining us Aurelia, we just have a few questions. You guys are through to the Quarterfinals of La Copa de Renia, how do you prepare for that match as well as the league matches?"

"We take everything match by match, we need to first be preparing for the rest of our league matches, the Quarterfinal match is set for much later."

"You have been on a goal scoring streak this season, how are you expecting to maintain that streak?"

"Just practice, we go through every situation in training so it's just preparation and practice."

"Last question for you, you were expected to be absent from today's match due to a personal leave, can you provide any reasoning on that?"

"I was making sure everything was alright with one of my friends and had to return back home for personal reasons," I force a smile while the cameras are on and as soon as I am returning to the girls I drop it and roll my eyes. I hate the questions about my personal life outside of football, I understand all the reasons, I just hate it.

"Everything okay?" Leila asks.

"Yep. I'm going to go talk to fans."

"I'm just saying, you looked pissed! Are you sure everything is alright?"

"I'm sure! How are you doing? Are you in any pain? Is your mum there yet?"

"I'm okay, Ellie. My mum is here, she's gone to get some food. I swear I had to force her to leave for like ten minutes."

"I cannot blame her! I could hardly stand to leave!"

"I don't need to be babysat though! I'm old enough to handle myself," she tries to defend herself.