Chapter 30

"Ellie, just let her enjoy her trip," Hayley says.

"Just making sure everything is clear," Ellie says.

I spend the rest of the week in Portland. Caitlin takes me to an art museum and I go with Hayley to dinner on the nights I'm not with Caitlin.

When I land in Spain my phone is full of texts from both Hayley and Caitlin. I open the ones from Caitlin and they're photos of Hayley and I when we aren't looking at the camera and some of the two of us sightseeing. The ones from Hayley are of us in the car going to dinner, me sitting across from her, all of them memories.

Alexia picks me up from the airport and takes me back to her flat.

"So how was Portland?" She asks.

"Good! It was great to see Caitlin again," I responded. "How has Barcelona been?"

"Good, Jenni came to visit the team and it was a good week here."

"Right, she came to visit the rest of the team, definitely not you," I smirk.

"Aren't you tired?"

"Nope. The time is back in America!"

"Fine, I did spend some time with Jenni, but-"

"Don't you dare lie to me, Putellas. I helped you cover up a hickey that she left."

"Aurelia!"

"What? We both know that out of all the people on the national team you could've been screwing it was a hundred percent Jenni."

"Oh my God, Lia." She covers her now red face and sighs. Her phone starts ringing and she is quick to answer it. "It's Ona."

"Put it on speaker!"

She does and we listen to Ona complain about what happened with Anette. She lashes out on Ale and I snap at her.

"Ona! You can't just turn on everyone when you get hurt," I scold her. Alexia puts her hand on my shoulder, telling me to calm down.

"Sorry, Alexia. I didn't mean that."

"I know." We wrap up the call with Ona and I turn to Alexia.

"Tell me everything about what happened this week."

Alexia's POV
One week prior

I was getting home from walking Nala and saw someone's car in my driveway. I look closer and recognize Jenni's car.

"Jenni? What are you doing here?" I ask. She climbs out of the car and I hug her.

"We have an off week and wanted to come visit," She explains. She presses a kiss to my neck and pulls away from the hug.

"Let's go inside, Nala needs water." We walk inside and I unclip Nala's leash. Jenni pushes me against the wall and kisses me.

"I missed you."

"Jenni," I gasp.

"Hm?"

"I missed you too."

"How long are you here?" I ask. I run my finger up her arm and she pulls me closer.

"Three more days. Then I need to go back to Madrid."

"Well then, we will just have to make the most of the time together," I whisper.

Aurelia's POV

"So i know short, it's a great thing I left. I didn't have to keep Leila and Mapi from bothering you while you were doing it with Jenni."