Chapter 18

@barcafemplayers

@barcafemplayers

@barcafemplayers: who remembers when Aurelia and Matilde were still dating back in 2016? Looks like the may be back together! Matilde was at Aurelia's game today and post match they shared a hug and had a conversation that looked like it ended well!

"I hate people," I groan. Leila spares me a quick glance before returning her attention to her food. "They are just so annoying," I continue.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks.

"Someone's speculating about Matilde and I, it's so stupid!"

"You must have assumed people would do that," she adds.

"Really? You're going to do that?"

"What? It's a public setting!"

"I didn't ask for you to tell me it would've happened!"

"Sorry, sorry, go on then."

"I just hate people."

"Good to know Lia."

"And that picture is so old! It's like three or four years at this point."

"So?"

"So? So how is it relevant?"

"Lia, just ignore it, you guys know the truth so that's fine."

"Fine. But so we're clear I'm not dating anyone."

"Okay, okay.  Do you want some food?"

"Sure."

Later that afternoon Ona facetimed me so I ended up talking to her for a while. Ona was like my little sister for the national team, we roomed together often and she came to me for advice.

"You should come visit when you come home!" I tell her.

"I'm going to try, have you guys gotten a dog yet?" She asks.

"Nope, I'm living with Leila for now, have I told you? I don't think I did, our house burned down. Also, Toni lives in Madrid now."

"Lia! You should have called me! How are you doing with Toni moving away? And living with Leila?"

"I can hear you Batlle!" Leila shouts.

"Good!" Ona replies before looking back at me. "Seriously though."

"I'm doing good Ona, don't worry. Mapi has given me some more tattoos! I'll show you them later, they are still bandaged for now. If you end up stopping by I'll make some food for us! We could have a Spanish party!"

"With the Madrid girls too," Leila says. She clearly misses Jenni as well, her move impacted all of us, Alexia and Leila the most. Leila pretends she doesn't mind as much for Ale's benefit but every once in a while she will say something alluding to their old jokes and activities or hanging out after training.