Chapter 4

Aurelia's POV

Antonio stopped by the hotel before his train was scheduled to come.

"So, interesting game, and post-match interactions," He says.

"How so?"

"Well, you spoke with Caitlin, never thought I would see that. Then you spoke with Raso, and Caitlin came over to me to say hi."

"I figured she would, and it's not like I could have just ignored her on the field," I point out.

"I'm sure you would have figured out away. Like pretending you no longer speak English."

"I wouldn't do that! Besides, I spoke to Hayley on Instagram earlier so she would have known anyway," I say.

"You spoke to her on Instagram?" He asks.

"Yeah?"

"About what?"

"Caitlin, then at the game you."

"That's so boring! You didn't say anything about each other? You had a conversation about Caitlin and me?"

"What's wrong with that?" I ask.

"Because that's just boring!"

"Well sorry! I'm not good with talking to people!" I respond.

"Where's Leila?" He asks.

"I don't know? Maybe her room?" He goes and gets Leila and drags her back to where we were talking.

"Tell her what you and Hayley talked about," He demands.

"Who is Hayley?" Leila asks.

"Hayley Raso, she plays for Australia."

"Oh, you spoke with her?"

"Briefly after the game," I say.

"About what?"

"Me and Caitlin Foord," Antonio says.

"That's so boring! Is she a friend or a friend?"

"Leila! I've met her once in person! I'm not sure we are even friends at this point," I say. Leila and Antonio laugh and I just roll my eyes. We're just barely even friends.

Caitlin's POV

I call my mum later that night and ask her about the Vidal family.

"What about them?"

"I played against Ari today and she mentioned something about you not telling me something," I explain. Hayley raises an eyebrow at my vague explanation and I just turn around.

"I need more than that Caitlin," my mum responds.

"I don't have more than that. It would have been just before she left Australia."

"I have no idea what you are talking about Caitlin."

"Mum, she would have told you this right before she left. Like the day of."

"Oh, oh Caitlin. You need to ask her yourself."

"I did!"

"Then maybe she does not want you to know. I'm sorry."

"So nothing?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine." We spoke a little while longer before hanging up.

"No luck?" Hayley asks. I shake my head.

"Can you pull up her Instagram page?" I ask. Maybe one of her old posts would have information.