Chapter I

Summer 1984

The sun shone brightly in the California sky, keeping its reputation as a golden coast intact. People walked along the edge of the beach where you could see children and tourists enjoying the sea in the midst of the July heat.

Not far from there, a young woman faced the entrance of a karate dojo that had a large black and yellow facade displaying in its midst the image of a majestic cobra that was surrounded by the name that caused goosebumps to the girl, as well as a growing anxiety. The name that she avoided her entire existence and which from now on would be her entire life, Cobra Kai.
Even though she was outside of it, a chorus of voices could be heard that fervently respond to his voice.

- Fear doesn't exist in this dojo, does it? - The voice screamed that she hadn't heard in years.

- No, sensei!

- Pain doesn't exist in this dojo, does it?

- No, sensei! 

- Defeat doesn't exist in this dojo, does it? 

She recognized the questions as well as her name. As good as what came next. 

- What do we learn here? 

- The way of the fist, sir! 

- And what way is this? 

- Strike first, strike hard, no mercy, sir! 

A smirk appeared on her face as she heard the mantra being repeated again. She let out a small sigh and said to herself: 

- It's show time.
------------------
Y/N entered the dojo, looking carefully around. Right at the entrance, she spotted a shelf full of trophies and medals next to a life-size cardboard version of the man she barely remembered, she watched his face closely and couldn't help but roll her eyes when she saw the pose he was in. She, then, decided to sit on a beanch nearby and analyze the training that was about to begin. 

- Mr Brown and Mr Lawrence to the mat. 

She watched patiently as a boy with medium brown hair and another with short golden hair made their way to the middle of the mat.

- Fight! - The sensei shouted. 

They started to move and soon the blond boy landed a kick in the brunette's face, knocking him down.

- What are you waiting for, Mr Lawrence? Finish him! 

The boy then landed another punch in the face of the boy, who she now identified as Brown, whom was still on the ground. 

- When you are in a confrontation, your opponent is your enemy, and if he is your enemy, he does not deserve mercy, understand? 

- Yes, sensei! 

- You show mercy to your enemy and then - The eldest knocks down the student who was next to him. - you're done. 

Y/N, bored with the same speech, decided it was time to introduce herself. Clapping her hands slowly, she got up from the bench she was on and walked to the mat.