Rescuing Rosa

The Doctor stood on the bed again. "Where were we? We need as much intel as we can get. If we're going to protect Rosa, we need to know the facts of her life. Home address, daily routine, where she works, the routes she takes, and the church she attends. Also, the name of the driver she refused."

Graham didn't hesitate, "I know that. It's James Blake."

Ryan faced him, pouting a bit. "How do you know that?" He wasn't gonna live down 'she's American' and he was just knowing the bus driver's name.

"Well, your Nan, when she found out I was a bus driver, said to me, you'd better not be like James Blake. Blake the snake, that's what she called him." The name 'Blake, the Snake' rattled something in the her brain, finally establishing a connection with the device. It scanned her mind and she got stuck with the extra weight on her brain and the device's presence. It made the rest of what they were saying sound like she was hearing it from under water. Their voices dripped away as she made mental contact with future technology. 

Astra was holding the device, her fingers holding down separate buttons. "Got something," she piped up, her eyes dazed. "Works... Montgomery Fair Department Store," she mumbled. She winced and the Doctor moved over to her. 

She hopped off the bed, standing in front of her mystery companion. "How are you doing this? This is keyed to that guy's telepathic signature." 

Astra couldn't open her eyes. "Something to do." 

The blonde took a breath as parts of her unlatched. She swayed a bit. "So you didn't follow me." 

"I have her address." 

"Astra, how is this possible?" the Doctor needed to know. A fire-starter companion, she could manage. Telepathic too?! 

Graham picked up the marker for the wall. "Address?" he called urgently. This was a shortcut back home, where food was. Nothing would stand in his way. 

The Doctor looked over her shoulder at him, scolding harshly, "Graham!" 

Not even her. 

"It's..." Blood leaked from her nose, trailing down her lip before her legs gave out. The Doctor lunged forward and caught her. 

"Guys!" Graham shouted, pointing up on the wall where the information was being written without the marker. Work, address, and bus route between the two; all they needed. 

The Doctor looked up at the wall in awe before back down at the young woman with her eyes open. "Astra!" she shouted anxiously. She reached down with her free hand, the one not holding the woman by her back, and held her face. 

The brunette winced. "That was a lot of telepathy. Haven't had a lot of practice," she explained, sitting up under her own power. 

The Doctor hovered by her in case she fell again. She pulled a tissue from her bottomless pockets and dabbed it under her nose. 

Astra flinched back, taking it and holding it under her nose. She looked up at the wall. "Did I help?" she asked. 

The Doctor laughed, but it was a lot more heartbroken than any ordinary sound. "Yes, actually, quite a lot. We have Rosa's route. Now we just need the times so we can keep an eye on her tomorrow. Who's up for a bus ride?" She looked up, around the group with her arms up optimistically.

Graham instantly raised his hand. 

"Could be fun," Astra croaked from her position still on the ground. She actually looked down at the rug and grimaced, pulling herself up. The Doctor followed, eyes trained on her. 

*~*

The group got on one at a time. The Doctor and Graham sat down, mumbling amongst themselves. Astra turned to talk to Ryan, but found the space unoccupied. She looked around the bus, pretty sure he'd gotten on behind her.