PROLOGUE: PURE EVIL

"Alright, we're here." Arthur said to the man in the wheelchair. Arthur looked around at the interior of the distribution center. It was large, the shelving units and conveyors seemed to stretch out endlessly. The nurse at the hospital told him that this place made animatronic parts and costumes for restaurant chains.

Arthur guided the wheelchair through one of the aisles and walked past multiple boxes that contained different toys and parts for animatronic characters. One box contained a large brown bear, another, a red fox, another box had a strange doll in it.

As Arthur kept walking, he noticed that the man's body began shaking and convulsing. His bones cracked at the force and he bled harder. Arthur held his breath as the vile stench coming from the man grew stronger. Arthur kept pushing the wheelchair. He went further down the aisle, the man's convulsions only getting worse.

Blood and black tar began spraying from the man and onto Arthur. He gagged and coughed as blood got into his mouth. The man shook violently. As Arthur backed away, the man's body exploded where he sat, sending bits of bone and flesh in every direction. Tar and blood was splattered on the floor and on the shelves. Organs were in pieces and strewn about.

Arthur wiped the tar and flesh from his face. He was utterly disgusted by the events that just happened. He gazed upon the massive puddle of tar in the middle of the floor. He gasped as he watched footprints begin to form in the tar. The footprints were small and they seemed to be going somewhere, but where were they going? Suddenly, another pair of footprints formed and began to follow the first pair. The second pair of footprints was larger than the first pair. Arthur followed the footprints. They appeared to be going towards the shelves.

"Umm... Father? Is everything okay?" A  voice asked from behind Arthur. He turned around and saw a man with red hair and a clipboard in his hand.

Arthur looked back at the stain and noticed that while the blood and bits of bone and flesh were still there, the black tar was gone without a trace.

"No, actually... I don't think anything is okay here." Arthur said to the man, which was the first time in his life that Arthur actually believed that something was terribly wrong.

Arthur finally understood what the nurses warned him about. Time and time again, they warned him that there was evil inside the man. He didn't want to believe it. Arthur thought that no living creature on God's green earth was truly evil. However, Arthur could somehow feel the evil surrounding him. He couldn't explain it. He could just feel it. Arthur had made a terrible mistake, and in doing so, he just unleashed something upon the world. Arthur didn't know what it was, but what he did know was that it was just like the nurses said...

Evil. Pure evil.

END OF PROLOGUE