Ch. 5

-start-

"Come in."

You push open the door slowly, taking a deep breath. Stepping into Sakurayashiki's office, you closed the door behind you, turning to look at your interviewer.

Long pink hair tied in a side ponytail, loose hair strands falling around his face. Wire framed glasses, and a blue Yukata.

Something about him looked oddly familiar.

Sakurayashiki cleared his throat, snapping you out of your head. He gestured for you to take a seat in front of him, and you did so, shifting yourself under the Chabudai table, trying not to crush your ankles by sitting on them.

"Carla, what time is it." Sakurayashiki said, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear. You jumped, glancing around you in fright as a disembodied voice said "9:59, master."

He smiled, taking a sip of tea from a cup nearby and saying, "You're right on time. Very well. I'm assuming you are miss [y/n] [l/n]?"

You nodded, trying to discreetly look around and find that voice you heard earlier.

"Are you trying to figure out who Carla is?"

You nodded, looking at Sakurayashiki. "It-Carla, sounded kinda like a voice assistant, like on our phones?"

He nodded, picking up a tablet from the floor next to him and placing it on the table. "Carla is my assistant. Now, that's not important right now. I called you to an in person meeting, because your resume was wonderfully organized, and you seemed very experienced in the world of calligraphy."

You smiled, taking a deep breath. "Thank you."

What do you even say during an interview?

I swear, this guy does look familiar.

This can't happen to me twice in a day.

Joe and...Cherry blossom?

Sakurayashiki sighed, tapping a pen on the table. "The reason I called you here was to meet you, and see if you'd be a good fit for our company. Allow me to ask you some questions?"

"Of course!! No problem!!" You ramble, slightly put off.

If this did happen to be Cherry Blossom, what if he recognized you?

You flush, last nights events flashing through your mind.

"First question. Have you ever had a professional job doing anything art related?"

You glance at a burn mark on the table, thinking. "I have never had an employer hire me, but I did have my own small business for a few months this summer."

Sakurayashiki nodded, writing something on his tablet. "Second question. Do you skateboard?"

You pause, looking him straight in the eye.

Hmm.

This had to be Cherry Blossom, if he was asking you that.

But wasn't S supposed to be a secret?

"Not very well. But I do own a skateboard."

You take a deep breath, picking at your cuticles nervously.

"I'm uh...sorry for falling on you. Last night."

Silence.

Cherry picked up his pen, and clicked it twice.

"If you tell anyone who I am, you will regret it. Not to scare you, but I cannot have my identity leaked."

You jump, waving your arms around frantically. "I wouldn't, Don't worry!! Really! And seriously, I'm super sorry I fell on you."

He sighs, saying "It's alright. Now, not to be rude, but you were mall holding your skateboard. Have you ever skated before?"

You scratch the back of your neck, embarrassed. What was a mall hold again? "No, actually. I tried, but kept uh, not doing well."

Sakurayashiki smiled, clicking his pen again.

"Would you like me to teach you?"

-finish-

Thanks for reading!

Any plans for Valentines Day, if you celebrate?