Ch. 11

-start-

I've never seen Kaoru's eyes so filled with hate.

"It's Adam!"

"Holy crap, what does he want?"

"Why is he here?"

You look around the crowd, nervous.

Just who is Adam, exactly?

"Joe? Who's this guy?" You whisper, tapping him on the shoulder.

"That's...one of the founders of S."

"That guy you keep avoiding talking about whenever you mention high school?"

Kojiro nods curtly, glancing at Kaoru.

"Helloooo all~! How are we feeling today?!" Adam smirks, walking towards the chattering crowd.

"Now, my little birdies told me that Mr. Akira is racing a certain [h/c] haired female skater?"

Kaoru steps in front of you, making sure Adam couldn't see you.

"Does miss [h/c] want to step forward?"

Kaoru grabs your wrist, gentle, but firm enough to where you wouldn't move.

"No, you don't want to walk forward. You don't know what's going to happen if you talk to him."

You smile. "Yes, exactly. So, I'm going to find out." You say, wriggling out of Kaoru's grasp.

"What are you going to do?" Kojiro exclaims, watching you walk away.

"Not sure yet. We'll see."

You walk towards Adam, trying to act confident through your nerves.

"I'm here. What do you want."

Adam smiles, licking his lips. Behind him, the crowd whispers among themselves, beginning to form a circle around you two.

"I want."

"To race against you."

"W-what?" You falter, surprised. "Why me?"

"Because..." Adam begins, walking closer to you and placing his hands on your shoulders.

"I want to see your dear friends' tormented faces when I send you to the hospital."

Your face pales, and you take a step back.

What?

I...

What the hell happened between Kaoru, Kojiro, and Adam for them to hate each other so much?

You smirk, hiding your fear. "That's stupid."

Adam narrows his eyes, stepping slightly away from you. "Well, how about this. If you win your race against Akira, you don't ever have to talk to me again. But if you lose..."

Adam laughs, pushing his mask farther up the bridge of his nose.

"If you lose, you have to race me."

You look at the ground, clenching your teeth.

"I..." You sigh, making a decision.

"I have no reason to say no. Very well, I agree to your terms." 

Adam grabs your chin, pulling you closer to his face. "Excellent. I can't wait to see your broken form, laying on the concrete before me..."

You sniff, pulling your face away from Adam's hand. "That won't happen." You spit, walking away from Adam, and back towards Kaoru.

"Holy shit, that was stressful." You sigh, hiding yourself between Kaoru and Shadow.

"What were you thinking? Why did you agree to that? Do you have a death wish?" Kaoru whisper-yells, eyes full of fear and exasperation.

"I have nothing to lose, so why not?" You reply, unconcerned.

"Your life?"

Kojiro sighs, poking Kaoru in the back. "Let her do what she wants. She's already decided, there's nothing you can do."

"Hey!" You bite, annoyed. "Don't talk about me as if I'm not here."

Kojiro laughs, and Miya pulls on your flannel, trying to get your attention.

"Don't you still have to race? Against Akira?"

"Ah shit, I forgot..."

-finish-

Posting 30 mins early😭 Ig I'm in a silly goofy mood🤩🥳🤪

How do you feel about Adam

Do you guys hate him orrrr

Thanks for reading!