Ch. 15

-start-

"[y/n]?"

You feel a weight fall on the bed next to you, and a hand on your shoulder.

"[y/n], Kojiro made us breakfast and delivered it here. It's downstairs whenever you're ready."

You groan, rubbing your eyes. "What...time is it?"

"11:37."

You sit up quickly, wiping drool off your cheek. "Already?? Why didn't you wake me up sooner, I'm hours late for my shift-"

Kaoru reaches out, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear. You flush, stopping mid sentence. "There's no need to rush. I had someone else cover your shift."

Smiling, you roll your eyes, flopping back onto the bed. "You should've woken me up. I could've worked today, you know. It's not like I'm sick or something."

Kaoru sighs, bringing his hand back to his lap, lingering slightly on your cheek. "I'll still pay you today. I just...would like it if you took a rest day after last night."

You tilt your head to the side, narrowing your eyes. "I'm not made of glass, Kaoru. I don't need a rest day."

"Still..." He sighed.

You sigh, looking at the ceiling. "Fine. But only because you're paying me." You joke, sitting up carefully. Feeling a breeze on your stomach, you flush, feeling quite exposed. A quick glance at Kaoru told you that he had averted his eyes, and was now preparing to stand, back facing you.

"Wait.." You pause, hesitantly reaching a hand out towards him. Kaoru turned carefully, staring at you, waiting for you to speak.

"I know I tease you a lot for being so...." You sigh, thoughts slipping out of focus. "Prepared? Cautious? I don't know. Just...thanks, Kaoru. For always being here for me. And making sure I don't die or something."

Flipping open a white hand fan to cover his face, Kaoru's eyes narrow in an unseen smile. "Anytime. It wouldn't do to have a dear friend die on me now, would it?"

You swallow, staring at your hands.

Friend? That hurt more than it should've. 

But that's all that you were. Friends.

"I'll be down in a minute for breakfast."

Kaoru nods, placing something next to you on the bed before silently gliding out of the room. Hearing the door snap shut, you glance at the package. Swinging your legs over the edge of the bed, you place the package in your lap, unfolding a beautiful blue kimono patterned with flowers. A black obi accompanied it, with a note attached. 

Thought you might want to wear something more comfortable. If this doesn't suit your tastes, don't hesitate to tell me. 

A simple gesture, but Kaoru's kindness forced a smile onto your face.

Yawning, you stand, struggling slightly to slip on your new kimono. After trying unsuccessfully to tie the sash, you resort to a Youtube tutorial.

                                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slipping on a matching pair of sandals and socks, you pull your hair out of it's now-messy bun, letting it fall down your back. Reaching for the door handle in front of you, you give your temporary room a once over.

You had re-made the bed, placing your neatly folded clothes on the chair beside the closet.

Seeing that everything is in order, you exit the room, bumping into Kaoru on your way down into the sitting area. He gives you a once over, eyeing your hair. You pout defensively, acting offended as he pulls a hair tie out of his sleeve. 

"May I?"

You laugh, nodding. Turning your back to him, you try not to shiver as Kaoru runs a gentle hand through your hair. Within minutes, he's finished, and you reach a hand up to feel the hairdo.

You smile, tugging a strand away from your ears. "We match!" You wink, pulling your low ponytail over your shoulder.

Kaoru opens his fan again, facing away. "In-indeed. Although, I must admit you wear it better."

-end-

last update for good guys i promise

if you havent already, please read the pinned message on my profile for information about updates

also i didnt proofread this so if its ass....no its not

i know english guys i promise!!!