Ch. 8

-start-

You sigh, plopping down on your bed, face first. After talking to Kojiro, you'd caught a taxi back to your apartment.

Your phone buzzes, and you groan, pulling your phone out of your pocket.

Resting your chin on your pillow, you open your messages.

You add him as a contact, replying.

You smile,  slipping your phone back in your pocket

You smile, slipping your phone back in your pocket. You sigh, stretching your arms out above your head.

Deciding to take a nap until nighttime, you pull your phone out again, clicking your ringer off and setting your alarm. Setting your phone on your nightstand, you pull your comforter over your bed, sighing.

DING

DING

DING

You groan, reaching blindly for your phone. Your hand hits it, and you pick up your phone, wincing at the bright light.

9:57 PM.

Fuck. You'd slept longer than expected.

How the hell did you even sleep that long???

Whatever, not the point.

Sitting up and resting your back on your headboard. Combing your hair out of your face, you stand, walking towards your bathroom. Might as well take a shower before you have to meet Kaoru.

-skip-

10:32 PM.

Pulling a hoodie over your head, you grab your phone off of your bedside table, shoving it in the back pocket of your jeans.

Grabbing your skateboard, (and making sure you didn't mall hold it) you rush out the door, grabbing your keys on your way out. Locking the door, you pull out your phone, hoping Kaoru had texted you the address.

He had, a couple hours ago. Texting him that you were on your way, you start your walk, following the directions Kaoru had sent you.

-skip-

Arriving under the highway Kaoru had told you about, you look around, expecting to see him somewhere.

You found him leaning against a rail, back to the ocean, his skateboard at his feet.

He glances up at you, nodding in greeting.

You walk towards him, smiling. "Yo! How are you?"

"Good. Nice to see you." Kaoru replies, crossing his arms.

"Now, are you ready to get started?"

You nod, nervous. This was all happening so quickly...

"Do an ollie."

You stare at Kaoru, trying to read his facial expression. "I don't think I can do that..."

Kaoru smiled politely, shaking his head. "I think you can, eventually. Do you think you can stand on your skateboard without falling?"

You shake your head, grimacing.

Kaoru gestured to the board in your hand, saying, "Try it. You can hold on to the rail if you like."

You set your skateboard on the ground, taking a shaky breath.

Carefully putting your right foot on the front truck bolts, you slowly bring your back foot on your skateboard. Taking a deep breath, you stand up straight.

Wobbling a bit, you center your footing. You glance at Kaoru, and in that split second, your foot slips. You come crashing off of your board, before Kaoru grabs your wrist, hand fan covering his face and looking nonchalant.

Why does this keep happening?

Regaining your composure, you stand, stepping away from your skateboard.

"When you looked at me, you lost balance in your back foot."

You nod, slightly embarrassed.

"Now, try that again. Keep your feet evenly spaced."

——————————————————————

It went on like that for a few months, Kaoru teaching you to skate, and you going to see Kojiro for lunch sometimes. You three had become quite good friends, going to S together sometimes. You never skated in S competitively as you were still only a beginner, but it was still nice to know you could at least skate to Kojiro's restaurant without falling.

Now, you were skating to Sia La Luce, for lunch. You had been wanting to talk to Kojiro about Kaoru, as he was being quite...weird, around you recently.

-start-

OOOoOoOOo the story's picking upppp

Thanks for reading!