Ch. 6

-start-

"Would you like me to teach you?"

You freeze, confused. "Excuse me if I'm being rude, but you just met me, I made a terrible first impression on you, and I was mall holding or whatever, why would you want to teach me of all people? Can't you put your energy into teaching someone with actual potential?"

Cherry chuckled, brushing his hair behind his ear. "Well, to answer your questions, you didn't make a "terrible first impression", you seemed genuinely sorry that you happened to fall on top of me."

He pauses, taking a sip of tea. "And your second topic. "Mall holding" refers to you holding the board by the trucks, with the grip tape rubbing against your leg. That particular way of holding your board has been widely recognized as the way that "posers" hold their board."

You flush, embarrassed. You'd been holding your board like that since you'd gotten it, and no one has told you until now not to hold it like that?

"Your last question." Cherry says, setting his teacup back on the table. "You asked why I wanted to teach you, and not someone with "actual potential." Well, I do believe you have potential."

You smile, not quite sure how to respond.

"What do I call you?

"Hmm?" Cherry hummed, confused.

"What should I call you? Is Sakurayashiki fine? Or would you prefer Cherry Blossom?"

Cherry smiled, shaking his head. "Neither. I'd prefer Kaoru. You're American, it was on your application. So I assume you would you prefer [y/n] rather than [l/n]?"

You nodded. "So, Kaoru...Why did you reveal your identity as Cherry Blossom to me so quickly?"

Kaoru tapped his fingers on the table. "Well, I got a call from an acquaintance of mine. His name is Kojiro Nanjo. He runs a restaurant named Sia La Luce not far from here."

You looked at Kaoru, trying to tell what he was going to say. Kojiro...that was Joe, right?

Curse your terrible memory.

"Kojiro told me that he'd met an interesting young woman, one that we'd both met last night, at the secret skate race, S."

You nodded, waiting for Kaoru to continue speaking.

"Kojiro told me that you didn't seem likely to tell anyone our S identity's. So I decided to take a chance with you and just tell you straight up, as Kojiro spoke quite highly of you."

"He did? I wasn't sure he thought so highly of me, as you say."

Kaoru nodded. "Now, I think we've lost track of why you're here in the first place. Now, do you have any questions about the job?"

"No sir. Actually yes, I do have questions, not about the job though. When would you be teaching me to skate, and how often? Where would we practice?"

Kaoru smiled, taking another drink of tea. "My, quite a lot of questions. Well, there is a wonderful skating spot right under a highway, I actually used to go there with...friends, when I was in Highschool. I can send you the directions, through email or phone number."

"Phone number is fine," You add, scratching the back of your neck.

Wasn't this kind of like a date?

You flush. Definitely not a date, you'd just met this guy!

Although, you might not have minded I'd it was a date...

"Well, I think that concludes our interview. You're hired, if you want the job. I see you applied for an office position?"

You nod. "Yes, I did."

Kaoru smiled, tapping his fingers on the table again. "Well, I think that concludes this interview. One last thing. When I contact you, would you like me to use the phone number you attached on your application form, or would you prefer another number?"

You stand, straightening your outfit. "The number I attached is fine."

Kaoru nodded, pressing something on his tablet. "Well, have a good rest of your day. I'll text you information concerning your job, as well as anything else you may need."

"Thank you Kaoru. You have a good day as well."

Looking over your shoulder and smiling at Kaoru, you walked out of his office.

Making your way out of the building, you check your watch.

11:04 AM.

Bump.

"Shit," you mumble, looking up to see who you had hit.

With all the fuss getting out of Sakurayashiki Calligraphy, and checking your watch, you hadn't looked where you were going.

It seemed you'd bumped into that blue haired fellow from earlier that morning.

He was standing next to a red haired boy, holding a skateboard in his pale hands. The red haired boy smiled at you, saying, "Sorry if we were in your way, miss."

You shook your head, embarrassed at your lack of spacial awareness. "Not at all, it's my fault really. I have a nasty habit of not looking where I'm going sometimes."

The blue haired boy gaped at you, before wincing as his red haired friend karate chopped him in the stomach. "Please excuse my friend here, he doesn't mean to stare."

You smile, shaking your head. "It's no problem, really." Turning to walk away, you say, "You two have fun."

-finish-

Thank you to my good friend Bee, for being hilariously adorable and being so supportive of me and my writing

Thanks for reading!