Ch. 9

-start-

Kicking your skateboard up and grabbing it by the nose, you put your board under your arm. Pulling open the door to Sia La Luce, you smile, seeing Miya sitting at a table in the back of the restaurant.

Kojiro had introduced you to Miya when you had come in for lunch a few weeks ago. You remembered him from when you had come for coffee prior to your job interview, and he seemed nice. A little arrogant, and he was always playing a video game, but he was okay nevertheless.

He should probably stop calling Reki a slime though, it was bound to go to his head. In a bad way.

You'd met Reki, Langa, and Shadow too, a couple days after you met Miya. You had immediately recognized Langa as the blue haired boy you had bumped into at Sakurayashiki Calligraphy, and Reki as his energetic friend.

It was cool to know so many skaters.

You walk towards Miya, setting your skateboard down on the chair opposite him. "Hey. I thought you had school, no? It's lunchtime, at this rate you wont have enough time to get back to your campus."

Miya sighs, pausing his game. "No school today, don't worry."

"Ah," You nod. "Have you seen Kojiro? He's not at the front." You finish, gesturing to the table next to the bar. "Hm, I'm pretty sure he's in the back."

"Thanks." You nod, walking to the kitchen.

"Kojiro?" You call, peeking behind the door.

"Yo, [y/n]!" Kojiro greets, untying his apron. "Good to see you."

You smile, leaning on the counter. "Good to see you too. I have a question...it's about Kaoru."

Kojiro smirks. He had been dropping hardcore hints whenever you and Kaoru had been around each other, calling you two, "lovebirds" and that you were "made for each other."

This usually ended in you hiding your embarrassed face in your hands, frantically denying anything that Kojiro said about you and Kaoru.

And, well, Kaoru usually ended up trying to beat Kojiro' ass, which didn't really help anyone.

You sigh, pinching the bridge of your nose. "Kojiro, don't start this now. I already told you, there's no romance between me and Kaoru."

Kojiro shakes his head, crossing his arms. "Mmm, I don't believe that."

Tapping your fingers on the counter, you frown, thinking. "No, really. Kaoru's been acting...different. In a bad way."

Kojiro raised an eyebrow, looking confused. "I don't know what you mean. He's been acting fine whenever the three of us hang out."

You hop up on the kitchen counter, scratching your neck. "He's been very...cold. To me lately. Whenever I almost fall in skating lessons, he's always here to catch me. But...everywhere else, at work, and whenever we see each other alone, that's when he's cold towards me."

You sigh, picking at your cuticles. "He...almost acts like he doesn't want to see me, like it's all business."

Kojiro sighs, running a hand through his hair. "He gets like that with me sometimes. Not very often, but I do vividly remember him acting how you're describing him back when we had just started hanging out. He..."

Kojiro trails off, looking at the floor. "Listen, don't tell him I told you this, he'll beat my ass. But sometimes, Kaoru gets...worried. That he's told you too much about himself, and you'll just up and leave. It's...complicated. A lot happened in high school for him. For me, too."

Your shoulders fall, and you blink, confused. You hadn't realized that you were tense...

You smile at Kojiro, hopping off the counter. "I feel better about things now. I was just...really worried. That he had suddenly started hating me or something."

You shift, embarrassed. "That sounded selfish. I just mean-"

"I understand. Simp."

"Hey! Take that back." You huff, annoyed.

"Hmmm, no.

"You know what- I'm leaving, you little shit." You stand, walking out of the kitchen.

Kojiro laughs, following you.

"I really do have to go, though. See you soon."

Kojiro nods, watching you as you walk back towards Miya's table. "Bye, [y/n]."

You grab your skateboard, ruffling Miya's hair on your way out the door.

Pulling out your phone, you opening your messages app. Tapping on Kaoru's contact name and leaning on the wall behind Sia La Luce, you start typing your message.

"Hey, do you wanna hang out tmrw?"

Deleting your message and deciding to retype it, you sigh.

You had decided on the way out of Kojiro's restaurant that you were going to ask Kaoru if he wanted to hang out. It wouldn't hurt to be around him more, right?

"Heyyyyyy, want to hang out together tomorrow? My friend told me about a new coffee shop in town, that might be fun. Lmkkkkk ^^"

Sent.

-finish-

Why can't it just be summer alreadyyyy

I miss my summer outfits, Yk?

Thanks for reading!