Needles and Stevie

When we got back home, I put Shiloh in my room where she could take a nap. Then, I went with Steve to the lab. The rest of the guys were waiting there for me to decide what course of action to take next.

*****

I took a deep breath before exhaling slowly, glancing at each worried face in the room. They all looked terrified. My poor babies.

"Ok.... lets run the tests. Do what you think is best. I trust you all with my life." All pairs of eyes lit up as my declaration of trust. 

Bruce and Tony began scurrying around the room to gather materials for the tests. All my other guys gathered around me, giving reassurances and comfort. I was gonna need it. Needles are not my favorite... Steve especially comforted me. I could feel myself shaking from the prospect of needles being inserted into my blood vessels. I quickly shook away the thoughts and focused instead on the warmth surrounding me. Finally, Tony and Bruce approached with everything they needed.

"Ok Jessie, I'm going to have to draw quite a bit of blood for all the tests I wanna run. Is that ok?" All I could do was give a firm nod before burrowing into Steve's chest once again. "Ok baby, I'm going to need you to come sit over here for me."

I slowly stepped away from Steve and shakily made my way over to the chair Bruce motioned towards. Taking a seat on the cold cushion, I laid my right arm out for Tony and Bruce to use. They both put on some gloves and Tony cleaned off my arm where they would poke me. Here comes the panic.... My shaking became worse until all of the guys began to freak out. My raspy breathing was interrupted by Steve picking me up, sitting in the chair, and placing me on his lap. He was so freaking warm! I relaxed a bit into his warmth and comfort. I extended my arm again and this time, kept my cool. As Tony and Bruce drew more and more blood, I began to feel woozy. Drifting off against Steve, I had no fear.

Steve's POV

Jess passed out on top of me, so when Tony and Bruce were done, Sam quickly came and carefully picked her up. He took her to one of the cots around the room and gently laid her down to rest. Loki had followed, so he summoned a wool blanket and draped it over her peaceful form. Poor doll. I looked to the science geeks as they began rapidly running every test they could think of. All of us were waiting for the news, good or bad. As we all found chairs around the room to wait, something dinged. That was fast...

"What the fuck?!" Tony was freaking out. That is not good. Not good at all. All of us rushed over as Tony began fidgeting with the microscope he was using. He said something to Jarvis and suddenly a hologram appeared. Blood cells, looking normal, covered the image. 

"Um Tony, what exactly is the problem?"

"Just wait a moment." He grabbed a dropper and added one drop of something to the slide. That's where things got wild. The cells began savagely attacking the foreign material on the slide, eating it away in milliseconds. We all looked on in shock, not sure what to say. Finally, Bucky spoke up.

"She is an enhanced... a mutant."

A/N:

I know, I know... it's short. Sorry. School is hectic but I wanted to write at least a little. Love y'all!

~Sam