Arrow Through the Heart

They all wrote their names on small pieces of paper while I went to grab my favorite baseball cap from work. They all threw their papers into the hat, I closed my eyes, and swirled them around. Time to see who I get to "meet" first...

*****

I carefully pulled out one little strip of white paper that was folded over. I looked up at all of the men staring at me with bated breath as my shaky hands undid the fold. I peered down and saw in scribbled handwriting the name:

 I peered down and saw in scribbled handwriting the name:

Clint

Oh crap... my idol... I'm about to go out on a date with my idol. Wow. Just wow. I looked back up to look at the group and saw Clint smirking when I locked eyes with him. All the other guys huffed, having taken the paper out of my hands and read the name. As they all departed, Clint stealthily waltzed over to my side, laying a hand softly in the small of my back, he whispered in my ear.

"Looks like its you and me tonight Jessie..." His warm breath fanned across my neck, tickling the small hairs along the base of my neck. I shivered a bit and felt him chuckle. Yes. He was standing close enough so that his chest was pressed to my shoulder blade. My face began to rapidly heat up, scarlet flaring across my cheeks. He noticed and began to kiss so, so softly along my neck, behind my ear. I began to get super flustered when a loud voice echoed across the room.

"Barton I swear to God if you do not leave Jess alone until your date I will kick your ass!!!" Tony began to stomp away and into the kitchen. Clint laughed again and stepped back in front of me, speaking lowly.

"Tonight at six I will come get you from your room... Get ready Jess..." He trailed off as he sauntered into the elevator. I turned to watch him board and he winked at my flustered self right before the doors closed. These men were going to be the death of me...

I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was already four in the afternoon. Well shoot... So, I made my way onto the elevator and pressed the button for my floor.

*****

When I got to my room, I opened the door and practically slammed it closed after I had entered. I walked over to my closet and began to rifle through all of my clothes. I had two nice dresses... nah. A bunch of pairs of nice and faded jeans... acceptable. Then I searched through my tops. If I was gonna wear jeans, I should at least wear a nice shirt. Finally, I found what I was looking for deep within my shirts. Perfect... (above is the "fancy" shirt she picked out. just picture that shirt with some dark blue jeans and black and white converse). With my outfit picked out, I threw it on the bed and ran into the bathroom to get showered.

I shut the door behind me, and locked it. It's not that I didn't trust them, it's just that, well, old habits die hard. So, I began to slowly strip out of my faded jeans, flannel, underwear and bra. I cranked the shower on to warm. I hated to burn myself in the shower when I was in a good mood so warm it is. With the temp how I wanted it, I jumped in and sighed in relief at the warmth running down my body.