Sam's POV: Next Morning

I woke up early, Jess sleeping next to me in my bed. She was curled up in a very tight ball, hugging my extra pillow to her chest. Adorable! She hadn't fallen asleep until the wee hours of the morning.

I slowly got out of bed, careful not to wake her. It was time for my run with Bucky and Steve. I slipped on a tee and my tennis shoes, walking out to the hallway. I closed my door softly and turned to see the guys waiting for me by the elevator. I walked up to them, clicked the button, grabbed their elbows, and dragged them onto the elevator with me.

After the doors closed, I let them go and turned to look both of them in the eyes. They stared back, utterly confused.

"Did you guys know about the scars? Jess has scars all over herself... some of them are huge..." Both seemed on edge when I mentioned seeing them all over her. "Guys! I didn't sleep with her in that sense. She had a bad day yesterday so I stayed with her all night. That's it. I saw them when she was taking off her hoodie. She forgot that she didn't put a shirt on underneath the jacket." They calmed at my reassurance to them. They looked to each other before Steve spoke up.

"Yea... I know about them. I accidentally walked in on her one day, looking for Buck. Bucky knows since I told him as a warning. She wouldn't explain more on them, just basically said she couldn't at the time." I nodded my head with his statement.

"Yeah. I didn't pry much. She was really shaken up last night. It took hours for her to calm down enough to sleep. Poor girl." They both nodded and we stepped off the elevator to head off to our run.