The Invisible Fight

I would like to dedicate this chapter to my dearest friend and fellow writer  "gOsHdANgmOmMIe". This one is for you A! Make sure to check out her stories!

After the hugging spree was finished and everyone had calmed down a bit, I followed the men back to the elevator and to the common room. Inside were several couches and chairs and such. While I glanced around the room in awe once again, I may have sorta kinda tripped and fell. What can I say, I am SUPER clumsy. My ankle rolled underneath me and I gasped as I fell to the floor. Ouch. Suddenly, eight pairs of feet appeared before me. 

"Oh my god Jess are you alright?" 

"Lady Jess you must be more careful."

"My queen!"

"Jess, where does it hurt exactly?"

"Damn girl, I turn around for one second and you are already hurt."

"Miss, let me help you!"

"For crying out loud!"

"Oh Lord..."

Their many voices began to crowd my thoughts and head space. The statements and questions swirled around my head without ceasing. My brain begins to pound in protest, my hands shake uncontrollably, my body trembles. Black spot crowd my vision as my chest tightens. I can no longer breathe. This is where I die. This is where it all ends. Today, right after I finally met my mates. The amazing men I have the privelage to be with. God, I'm not good enough for them. I never will be. What happens when they grow tired of me? I have nowhere else to go. I gave up everything. I-I can't lose them too! I'll be completely and utterly alo-

Everything stops as a soft green mist obscures my vision and thoughts. A smooth, accented voice pierces through my broken mind.

"Everything is alright. Just focus on my voice and come back to us. Come back to us Jess." 

The green mist left and my vision began to focus once again on reality. Crouched before me was none other than Loki. His hand was raised to my forehead. His cold hand feeling soothing against my sweaty skin. Tears were still pouring down my face as I looked to the floor in embarrassment. Everything was awkwardly silent until finally someone spoke up. 

"Milady," It was Thor. "What has happened? Did we frighten you?" I quickly shook my head at his question. Then his brother spoke up.

"Then what happened love?" All eight men were looking at me expectantly, with hints of fear in their eyes. So, I took a deep breath, and began...

"Um, I have an anxiety disorder... actually scratch that, I have two disorders. The first is GAD, or general anxiety disorder. Um, then came along the second, the panic disorder. What you just witnessed was a panic attack... I get them sometimes when I'm stressed or overwhelmed. Or even just when I'm off my meds for a time... Basically I get so lost in my own head that I just can't seem to snap out of it. My chest tightens to a point that I can't breathe. Sometimes I will actually pass out from this. I can do nothing to stop them either. So, um yeah. I'll be going now..."

As I turned to walk away, thinking they would only see me as weak now, a gentle hand grasped my elbow and tugged me into a hard chest. With my cheek pressed against it, I could see the faint blue glow of the arc reactor... Tony. 

"Just where do you think you are going?" I shrugged and he sighed deeply. "You know, you are not alone in this fight... I have panic attacks too sometimes. They guys all know that I do and they have all seen and helped me through them. And now, we are going to do the same for you. You don't have to hide from us."

Cue the never ending tears...

*****

After the whole confession thingy, I seemed to be much more at ease with the guys. However there was only one problem. Its been a few hours since the incident and ever since then, every single one of the guys has acted like I'm made of glass. Oh HELL NAW! I'm not about to be treated like some priceless doll in a china cabinet. So, right before bed, I made all the guys sit down for a chat. A sort of come to Jesus meeting if you will...

A/N: Hey guys... so yeah. This is true. I do suffer from two anxiety disorders and depression at the same time. I wanted to make this note just to say that you truly are not alone in this struggle. You are also not weak for having these. If anything, they have made us stronger by being able to cope and still live our lives.  If you ever just need to chat then message me. I'll listen and try to help however I can. I know exactly how it feels. I have had it for the past four years now and am going to be a Senior in High School. So yeah. Fun times. 

Also, I know this one is also a little short but its almost midnight here and I am exhausted and in pain. Plus I have to work tomorrow so yeah. I shall try to update again tomorrow if possible. Love Y'all!

~Sam :)