They Know

Bucky's POV
As I heard her breathing even out, I slowly began to slip out from underneath her. When I cleared her sleeping form, I quietly made my way out of her room, leaving the door just barely cracked open. As I stood in the hall, I took a very deep breath and sighed lowly. There is only one thing that could have happened to her to make her act that way and say those things... and I was seeing red because of it. I wanted to know who those men were who hurt my precious Jessie. How could they do something so horrible to Jess... or any woman for that matter. My nostrils flared as I made my way to the elevator. 

"FRIDAY, tell the guys to meet me in the common room. Now. It's about Jess." With that I stomped into the elevator and slammed my flesh hand onto the button I needed.

*****

I arrived on the common room floor and rushed out of the elevator. 

"FRIDAY, alert me immediately if Jess wakes up or something happens."

"Yes Sergeant Barnes."

I made my way over to the many couches strewn across the room, where all the guys were waiting anxiously. Steve and Sam were the first ones to jump up when they saw me approaching. 

"How is she doing Buck? Is she ok?" Steve spoke up first, Sam merely nodding along to his questions, concern written over both of their faces. Before I could speak, however, Tony spoke up.

"What the hell are you talking about Capsickle?! What do you mean? What happened to Jess?!" He began to stand and make his way to the elevator, but I grabbed his shoulder and turned him back around.

"Sit." Even though the Winter Soldier stuff was gone from my head, I could still be super scary when I wanted to be. He walked right back to his seat and sat down again, looking at me expectantly. So, I took a deep breath and began.

"This morning, as Steve, Sam and I were heading out for our run, we heard screaming from Jess' room. When we got there she was thrashing around, sweating and crying out in her sleep. It's like she was being attacked.  We entered and began to try and get her out of it. She finally snapped out of it, but its what she said that has me worried..." I trailed off and looked at all of my friends around me.

"She was raped."

*****

All hell broke loose with that statement. Loki jumped up and began to yell in his foreign tongue while Thor restrained him, also quivering in anger. Bruce began to turn a little green so he left the room quickly. Steve and Sam both stood motionless, fists balled up, staring at the floor. Clint's jaw clenched and unclenched repeatedly until he climbed up into the vents to cool down. Tony sat, his face in his hands, shaking uncontrollably. They were all just as angry and upset as me that someone had the nerve to hurt our angel. Our Jess. Before anyone could really process the information all together, FRIDAY spoke up above us.

"Sir, Ms. Hare is awake. Her heart rate is accelerating quickly. I'm afraid she may have another attack." With that, Bruce reentered, Clint came down from the vents, and everyone ran for the elevator.

*****

Jess' POV

I awoke, my eyes feeling super heavy and crusty. The events of last night, or I guess this morning, were somewhat fuzzy. But, with the unfamiliar smell on my sheets it all came rushing back. Oh my god... they know... I could feel my heart begin to race again with another attack. Bucky was here with me this morning because I had that nightmare again. The one I hadnt had for ages. As I tried to calm myself, I heard the ding of the elevator, and several hurried footsteps approaching my room. Oh god... they must hate me. They probably think I'm a slut... a no good whore from the country now... 

As my head swirled with negative thoughts, all of my mates burst into my room at once. Here it comes... the rejection. I shut my eyes tight to keep the tears in and began to speak.

"I know you are all very smart, so I'm sure you know by now. Yes, I was r-raped. I w-was heading home from work, I was walking since I didnt live too far. It was late-"

The keys jingled from the ring in my grasp- "I was the only one left at the vet clinic I worked at, so I was charged with locking it up".- I carefully selected the key I needed and jammed it into the lock, turning it.- "I began to walk down the dirt road to my house."- The new gravel felt very loose under my boots as I trudged home. I looked up, seeing the stars twinkling above me, the full moon shining brightly in the night sky.- "I didn't realize until it was too late that I was being followed. Two men jumped me. I didn't stand a chance."

By now, tears were flowing freely from my tightly closed eyes. I sniffled and expected the worst. What happened is something I never would have expected. With my eyes still closed, Tony spoke with a very soft voice from my bedside. Turns out that while I was lost in my head, they had moved to surround my bed.

"Jess... Jessie. Open those pretty eyes dear." Against my mind's protests, I slowly let my eyes open. He very slowly, cautiously, reached his hand up. He paused, waiting for my reaction. When I didnt protest, he moved the rest of the way to wipe away my tears with the calloused pad of his thumb. "It's ok now. You have us, and we will never let anything happen to you. Ever." At first, I didn't believe him, but, when I looked into his dark brown eyes, I saw just how much he meant it. He began to take his hand away but I moved quickly. 

I grabbed his large hand and held it to my heart, hugging it in a way. I sniffled again and looked to the others. They all held the same concern and protectiveness for me in their eyes. All of them. I released Tony's hand and patted the bed to allow them all to sit with me. At first, they all stopped, hesitating to breach my space. But, one look, and they were all pushed up against me in a huge hug fest. They all radiated warmth that seemed to heat even the coldest parts of my mind and body. Something that hadnt happened in, well, forever. I hugged them all back, feeling for the first time in a long while totally safe. Here, in my room, with all of my mates around me. It was this moment that I decided, I would do anything for these incredible men. Anything at all. And I would never break them or their trust. I never want to hurt them or see them hurt, and I will do anything to make sure I see that through.

A/N:  AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Guys I'm back! Sorry it has been so long. It has just been a rough couple of weeks and I have been swamped with chores and work and just... everything really. Not only that but my mental health has not been the greatest and school starts in like two weeks so yeah... Anyways, let me know what you think of this chapter. I have never had to go through anything like this, but like stated in my last published note, my dad is a cop. So, I hear about a lot of stuff that happens. If you have ever been through anything like this, you are so strong. Anywho... I'll update again as soon as I can.

Love y'all!

~Sam