𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 10❀

—————————
note:
• I'm so sorry this chapter's so bad</3 I promise they'll get better eventually. I really just wanted to put more interaction into it.
—————————
"What do you want?" I got straight to the point. I noticed Jeremy was looking me up and down. What was he getting at? Fucking snob.

"Fancy seeing you here, y/n," Jeremy spoke with a Southern accent. Snob. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to get breakfast," I paused, "is there an issue?" I just wanted to go sit down somewhere and eat my breakfast. Without disruption. Maybe if it was just Michael it would have been better.

"Aww did mummy and daddy not have anything at home?" What a bellend.

"Jeremy, I really can't be arsed" I pinched my nose bridge trying not to let what he's saying get to me.

"Are you gonna cry?" he was terrible at insults; they sounded like a year 4 thought of them "go cry to your mummy!"

Michael snickered like an idiot, but probably because of how stupid Jeremy sounded. I let a small chuckle escape my mouth. Jeremy turned to Michael and stared at him. I could tell Jeremy was pissed, so I started chuckling a bit louder and Michael joined in. At least he wasn't agreeing with Jeremy now.

"Michael shut up," he finally said something, "you're supposed to agree with me!?" he really does think everyone agrees with him all the time, doesn't he?

"But I don't agree with you, and it's not like you can change my mind innit" Michael responded. Nice to see that he's standing up for himself.

"Oh okay, so you're taking the side of this... Girl?" he could've called me worse. "You barely know her. Probably a slag." he smirked, well knowing that would piss me off.

I went up to Jeremy and smacked him right across his stupid face. His grin got wiped right off his face, and I finally felt a sense of relief. I hope he's happy!

"What?" I asked, "you seem surprised for some reason" now I was the one smirking. I had a feeling he would run off crying as every snob would.

Jeremy looked clueless and as if he was about to sob. I could hear Michael chuckling covering his mouth. But what could I say? He needed a taste of his own medicine.

"You will pay for this... Just you see!" Jeremy exclaimed in an attempt to sound threatening, but with his posh accent, I couldn't take him seriously. It's the same as having a toddler threatening you.
"Fuck you, Mikey," he was so pissed, "you're a bad friend!".

Jeremy finally turned around and walked off. Well deserved. Michael and I just looked at each other and started laughing.

"The way he stormed off like- like a wimp" He covered his mouth laughing. I laughed along with him.

After a minute, or so, of laughing I finally managed to calm myself down.
"I'm gonna go and eat this now," I said glancing at my sandwich, "I'll see you later th-"

"I'll join you," he interrupted me.

"I don't need you to join me," although I really wanted him to.

"But you'll be lonely, no?" what would be the harm in saying no?

"Fine, but only because I don't wanna be at home right now." I was hoping he wouldn't ask me to elaborate.

"Sick," he smiled, "where do you wanna go then?"

"I don't mind," I shrugged my shoulders, "I was thinking maybe the park?"

"Yeah, sure" he nodded. And so, we started walking towards the park. It felt a bit awkward just walking in silence, but I could manage.

Michael broke the silence. "how come you didn't wanna be at home?" He asked the one question I didn't want him to ask.

"Dunno... I guess I just didn't wanna be," I don't really wanna tell him anything about my dad, or my parents, "and how come you were out with Jeremy so early?" I questioned him back.

"He wanted to go out, and I couldn't say no" he answered.

"What do you mean you couldn't say no?" I asked, again.

"Well..." he paused, "Jeremy kinda forces me to be his mate, and he's the one who makes me act like that in school. He insists on it."

"Oh, well that's not a healthy friendship at all. Have you never thought of it?" Maybe I was right to pity him from the start.

"Not really. It's just that I've no other mates and no one likes me at all." He stared at the ground with a blank facial expression.

"I mean, I see why," whoops; It slipped out, "no-no-no wait that's not what I meant-" I felt so bad.

"No, it's alright. I see why now too, and I kinda did before, but Jeremy told me to just act like that because it makes you look cool or something."

Was he being serious? He's so gullible.
"And you really believed him...?" I looked at Michael with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah," he nodded, "I mean, who wouldn't?"

"Me?" I wanted to slap him across the face so much right at this moment, but I would've felt even worse for him. Plus, I just wanted to eat my breakfast.

"Oh well, sorry!" he said mockingly, "not my fault I'm not the smartest..."

"It's not a case of being smart or not it's kinda just common sense," I responded

"Oh in that case," he turned to look at me, "I'm sorry for not having so much common sense!"

I can't tell if I find Michaels sarcastic remarks genuinely funny or I just enjoy his company or perhaps both.

"Can we sit down somewhere? I wanna eat now," I asked, "but on a bench because I'm not sitting on the wet grass."

"Yeah, why would we not be able to?" of course, he makes up for his stupidness with 'smart' comments.

"Oh shut up and let's go sit down," I gestured over to the nearest bench, "my legs are killing."

I sat down on the bench and Michael sat down beside me. I unwrapped my sandwich and took a bite out of it. I noticed Michael was looking at me; what did he want now? I made sure to finish eating before I opened my mouth.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Issue?" I questioned.

"No reason," He looked away rolling his eyes, "you just look- uhh"

"Look what? Just say it," was he gonna compliment me? No, that's just my ego.

"You just look like a- like a pig," he snickered as if it was actually funny.

"You're such a twat," I nudged him with my elbow "that wasn't funny I don't know why you're laughing your arse off" I looked away and took another bite of my sandwich.

"Sorry I guess," he said with a grin.

I nodded since my mouth was full.
I finally finished eating my sandwich and drank some water. It felt oddly refreshing.

I looked up off the ground and at Michael, and he looked kinda upset? I couldn't really tell, but I knew something was up. Maybe it would be better to not mention anything at the moment.

"I'll get going," I sighed, "otherwise my mum's gonna get worried" that was a complete lie, and I wanted to stay. I didn't want to go home but I feel as if he didn't want to be around me.

"Oh," he looked back up, "is it fine if you stay a bit longer? I don't fancy going home either."

Who was I to say no? Especially since I can empathise with that.