𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 29 ✿

After what felt like a long hour in the library, I returned to the original classroom to show Mr. Harris the work I'd done and to pick up the homework he set us that lesson. He approved of the work and everything, but he kept me behind to talk to me. I thought it might just be the same thing he said before sending me to the library, but fuck me was I wrong.

"So, Y/N, have you been associating yourself with murderers?" Mr. Harris asked with a serious tone, " Ellie and Isabella have told me and I thought you may be in danger."

My eyes widened and I blinked a few times as I processed what Mr. Harris just asked me. He basically asked me if my boyfriend was a murderer. I was flabbergasted I couldn't even get a word out so I was just left shaking my head aggressively. I feel like I could kill Ellie and Isabella right now.

"This is a safe space," Mr. Harris said with a calm tone. I know he means well but I cannot believe that Ellie and Isabella would tell the head of year that my boyfriend is a murderer. That is unbelievable to me.

"No, Mr. Harris, I do not associate myself with murderers," I spoke clearly with gritted teeth out of pure anger towards that snake, "Ellie and Isabella love ruining my life with rumors."

He gave me a questioning look and raised an eyebrow before speaking, "These rumors sound very serious, don't you think?" he asked with a concerned tone of voice, "why would they do that?"

"Because they hate me and they want to ruin my life," I explained it and was very straightforward. I doubt he will believe me but it's worth a shot I guess. I hope Ellie and Isabella get shot.

"Now I don't think that's true," he spoke quietly, "why don't you just talk it out with them? They surely don't hate you."

I know Mr. Harris is trying to be nice but he really is just coming off as condescending and it's pissing me off how he's not believing me.

"Yeah sure, I guess it must be a prank," I said sternly as I sighed and turned around to leave the classroom. I was not ready for what was coming next. Mr. Harris also didn't say anything as I was leaving the classroom, but I'm not really complaining.

It was break now so I went over to sit down in the usual place me and Michael sit which is in a closed-off area behind the school. Not many people know about it so it's kind of like a jackpot to me. 

Michael wasn't here. That's a bit odd, but he might be catching up with missed work in whatever lesson he just had now. Probably history... boring.

15 minutes went past and Michael still didn't come but it was too late now anyway since break was over and off to one more lesson I go before lunch. My timetable is really weird when I think about it.

During the lesson, Michael was very quiet and didn't speak to me much. I tried to not overthink it since I know what he's going through at home must be tough and what happened recently probably took a toll on him. It definitely took a toll on me. I kept glancing at him throughout the lesson but he always had his eyes glued to his book which was very unusual. I don't know what has happened, but I know that something is wrong. 

After the lesson finished, he rushed out of the class without waiting for me. This was when I started to get a bit upset with him but I tried not to overthink it too much since I know what we both went through was traumatic. Not once did I see him throughout the whole of lunch.

The rest of the day went by the same. The lessons were the exact same. His eyes were glued onto his book and wouldn't even give a little glance at me, and rushed out at the end too. I started to suspect something serious was up. 

Was it my fault? Why did he suddenly change his attitude towards me? What did I do?

As we were walking out of the school gates Michael finally approached me, but his body language was telling me that something was wrong and he needed to talk to me about something. He had his hands in his pockets and didn't look up at me until we were about half way to my house. When he did look up, I could tell something was wrong.

"Michael, what's going on?" I asked with genuine concern, "You've been avoiding me all day since first lesson."

"Have you been telling people I'm a murderer? A killer? A psychopath?" Mike asked with a very serious and angry tone, "Because if you have it's not funny at all."

My eyes widened. I couldn't believe he just asked me that. I couldn't believe that he just asked me of all people if I called him a murderer to our whole year group. I was speechless. Not a word could come out of my mouth right now. What I was feeling now was a mix of anger and sadness, and also a great feeling of despair and emptiness. 

"Don't just stand there and look clueless as if you don't know what I just said," he muttered through gritted teeth, "Speak when spoken to!"

"What do you want me to say, Mike?" I cried quietly still in huge disbelief, "What makes you think it's me of all people?"

"You're the one who knows like everything! Everything about my dad and my family life," He raised his voice slightly, "and you know about the basement and what happened with Charli!"

My lips were quivering, tears were forming in my eyes and I felt weak all of a sudden. I didn't have the strength for this after what happened with Charli. 
"But why would I say that to everyone in our year? Why would I say that about you while knowing everything?" I was speaking through tears and deep breaths, "It was not me and I can promise you that now, Michael."

"You can keep lying all you want, Y/N, but I'm not stupid enough for that," he spoke a bit quieter now, but still visibly pissed off. 

"Michael, I promise I would never do that to you," I explained, "it was probably Ellie and Isabella and I can explain why"

"I don't give a fuck about your explanations, Y/N," he said sternly, "Just leave me alone and don't speak to me." 

My heart sank. The last thing I'd want to do is stop talking to him and I for sure do not want to lose him. I know we're both basically still kids... but I really do love him. 

"I should've never trusted you in the first place," He muttered, "I just should have known you would do something like this to me."

"Michael please let me explain!" I pleaded through streams of tears running down my cheek, "I really do care about you and I would never do anything to hurt you!"

"I don't want to hear it," he mumbled, "just go home, will you?"

I didn't say anything but it's not like I was able to anyway. My breathing was heavy, my cheeks were a bright shade of red, my eyes were swollen and my throat was sore from holding in tears. I did as he said and just walked home although I really didn't want to. I'm pretty sure my parents don't want me home either.

After what felt like a very long and agonizing walk home, I arrived. I took my shoes off and darted upstairs straight away into my bedroom. I couldn't believe what happened. I didn't think my parents noticed until I was called to come downstairs by both my parents at once. I really didn't want to interact with my mum after what happened last time. She was also accusing Michael of killing Charli.

I wiped my tears and took a few deep breaths in the mirror before leaving my room and going downstairs.

sigh.