𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14❀

"Morning love," I heard my mother speak gently, "it's Monday which means school. Get up."

"Alright," I said with a raspy voice. I rubbed my eyes and stretched before getting up out of bed. I stood up and walked over to my wardrobe where my uniform was hung up and took it down. I took a quick shower and got dressed into the horrid uniform- it was so uncomfortable and ugly.

After I got dressed I made my way downstairs and I saw my mum making me breakfast. I was grateful to have at least one parent who cares- I liked my mum way more than my dad. I sat down at the dinner table and my mum placed a plate with toast in front of me.

"Eat up, darling. You need to eat to have energy," she insisted, "do you want anything to drink?"

"Can I have water?" I asked.

My mum nodded and went back into the kitchen and I started eating my toast. My mum was in the kitchen packing my lunch and pouring me a glass of water. She brought me a glass of water and went back into the kitchen.

As I was eating my toast, I heard a knock at the front door. My mum went over to answer before I could even raise my head to look up.

"Y/N, a friend is here for you," my mum called out to me.

"Which?" I asked since none of my friends ever come in the morning to walk to school with me.

"Come here," my mum exclaimed.

I got up out of my chair holding my toast in my hand and I walked over to the corridor, and who do I see? It was Michael. I looked at him with a soft smile and he looked back at me and smiled too.

"I'm gonna get my stuff then," I said, "I'll only be a minute," I said as I ran upstairs to grab my bag and school books.

My mum turned her head to me and then back to Michael.
"What's your name? Y/N has never told me about you," my mum asked.

"I'm Michael Afton, you can call me Michael or Mike though," replied Michael.

"It's nice to meet you, Michael. I've heard of your father and his business before, and I've seen the place a couple of times when I've been out," my mum responded.

"Yeah... What should I call you miss... Uh-" Michael asked.

"Just call me Mrs L/N," my mum replied politely. My mum is a really lovely woman and she's just really nice in general.

I swung my bag around my shoulders and ran back downstairs.
"Mum, I'll get going with Michael now," I said as I slipped my school shoes on.

"Alright dear, just stay safe and be careful when crossing the road, and have a nice day at school!" my mum spoke.

"Yeah I know I'm not 10 anymore," I responded, "I'll see you later mum. Bye, love you!" I quickly hugged her and hurried out of the front door.

"Hey," I spoke, "how come you came to walk to school with me?"

"Just because," Michael replied, "also, your mum seems like a nice person."

"Eh that's fair I guess, and she is a nice person," I smiled, "Oh and also, what's with you and Jeremy now? Are you two like not mates anymore?" I questioned.

"No," Michael shook his head, "I went to his yesterday and his mum answered the door and said he doesn't wanna speak to me anymore, so I guess not."

"Well, it's not like you need him anyways- he was a shitty friend," I attempted to comfort him, "plus you have me now."

"Yeah I do, but who will I start hanging around?" he asked, "your friends don't like me at all."

"They'll just have to cope. It's not like you're a bad person you're just slightly annoying sometimes" I answered.

"Wow, thanks y/n," he said with a sarcastic tone, "but I do appreciate it." He looked down and smiled as if he was embarrassed.

"You're welcome, Michael," I smiled, "and there's no need to look down all embarrassed just because no one ever treated you right before."

"I'm not embarrassed," he hissed.

"Mhm, sure," I remarked sarcastically.

We finally got to school and I saw my friends waiting by the gate for me; Ellie and Vivian were there and I don't know where Isabella was. Here we go. Ellie and Vivian started whispering amongst themselves and probably giggling stupidly.

"Do you think they're laughing at me?" Michael asked.

"No, if they're laughing at anything it's probably me, or the fact that I'm walking with you right now. I don't know what their deal is but y'know," I answered.

"Why would they be laughing at us though?" Michael asked, sounding a bit worried.

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing mean or negative- I know them well enough," I sighed, "come on, they won't do you any harm."

I walked up to Ellie and Vivian with Michael standing a bit behind me as if he was scared, or he's just self-conscious and doesn't wanna be made fun of.

"Y/N!" Ellie called out, "Hey girl, how was your weekend?" Ellie asked weirdly. She never does this.

"It's been fine... Why?" I was sceptical, but it's probably because she wants to tease me.

"Just asking, y'know," She answered, "and hi Michael!"

"Hi Ellie," Michael replied.

"Are we gonna go in? Form starts soon" I interrupted harshly.

"Yeah, we should probably go in now," Vivian agreed, "and also hey y/n! Forgot to say hi before."

"It's fine, let's just go in," I said as I walked in the school gate making my way over to my form classroom. Michael, Ellie and Vivian followed.

Abruptly, I bumped into someone- he was taller than me, had blonde hair and green eyes. It was Jeremy. He stood looking down at me with a grin that made me wanna cave his fucking skull in.

"Look who it is, and look who she's with," Jeremy spoke. He was with a few other friends and they all looked like absolute pricks. Every single one of them.

"What do you want you fucking snob?" Michael hissed as he stepped forward.

"Calm down, Mikey," Jeremy spoke quietly, "now I see why people say you're like your father."

"Are you alright?" I whispered. I could tell Michael was getting pissed, I put my hand on his shoulder.

All he did was nod and shake my hand off his shoulder.

"Speechless, Mikey?" Jeremy called out annoyingly.

I stepped back just in case, and so did Ellie and Vivian. Who knew what would happen next?