𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 2↣ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 26

I gulped as I stepped onto the cold concrete floor of the basement, which was dark. Very dark. I stepped further into the dark room and Michael behind me was desperately trying to find the light switch. He flicked the light switch and things got so much more clear.

This basement was larger than I had expected it to be and had a separate smaller room which looked oddly suspicious. The first thing I drew my attention to was a reasonably large bulletin board with some drawings and doodles or whatever. The drawings looked like some funky robots or some shit but with a twist... it had like claws or something? I'm not sure.

I stepped closer to look at all the drawings on the bulletin board. The board had a sketch of a prototype of a robot with ginger hair who was also holding ice cream or something like that. to come to look at it.

"That looks a bit like my younger sister Liz," he said, "maybe he's making a robot for her."

"That would be nice," I spoke quietly as I inspected the drawing closely, "Mike, doesn't this... claw look kind of odd though?"

"What do you mean?" Mike questioned as he leaned forward to take a closer look.

"I mean it looks as if it's about to bloody grab that child and turn it into a human omelette. I don't know," I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, "I just don't think it's simply a harmless robot that's meant to be made for your sister specifically."

"Maybe you're overthinking it a bit, y/n, I'm sure my dad doesn't have many malicious intentions with this" Mike suggested as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not overthinking this in the slightest," I exclaimed quietly, "you should know that I never had a good impression of your dad and he's always given me this bad feeling. I know he's up to something for sure."

"Yes, I understand that but-" I cut him off.

"You changed your mind fast, didn't you?" I asked.

Mike sighed as he took a closer look at the multiple drawings on the bulletin board.

"Ignore what I said, y/n, you've got a point" Mike finally admitted, "you remember when your sister was telling us about that kid that went missing?"

"Yeah, I remember," I spoke, "are you saying quietly your dad does have something to do with that?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. I mean, who randomly has drawings of robots with... some sort of empty space that looks like it could fit a dead child inside of it?" he suggested.

I peered over to look at what Mike was looking at.
"You have a point but what if it's just a space for like cakes or something?"

"There's no way any birthday cake would do a robot well," he explained, "plus, that's not how the cakes are presented. It's unhygienic."

"Right," I sighed, "I've recently read this thing in the news about a girl going missing."

"The one your sister was on about?" he asked.

"I'm not entirely sure but I think her name was Charli or Charlotte" I was practically whispering at this point.

"Charlotte... that name rings a bell" he whispered.

"I remember that her last name started with an E," I said scanning the floor for any newspapers.

"I know," he said with wide eyes as if he's just witnessed a murder.

"You alright?" I asked.

"I... yeah, I'm fine," he answered, "It's just that... I know who Charlie Emily is."

"You do? What do you know about her? What does she look like?" I asked as I started scanning the bulletin board.

"She's Henry Emily's daughter," he explained, "Henry is a family friend and he's like... he's like a father figure to me since my dad's such a shitbag and Charli has brown hair and brown eyes"

"What? A family friend? So you're saying that your dad possibly murdered a family friend's child?" I asked with absolute and utter shock.

Mike slowly nods his head unnervingly.

"But why would he do that..." I stammered as I noticed a picture of a young girl that fit Mike's description perfectly. There was also a building beside it that appeared to be a restaurant. Could it really be...?

"Because he's a terrible person. A psychopath, if you will, that doesn't give a shit about anybody else's thoughts or feelings"

"Mike..." I said quietly, "look at this."

"Fucking hell y/n, that is Charli. That is Charli and that is one of my dad's restaurants..." Mike said wide-eyed.

"Yeah, uhm, shouldn't we get out of here before someone comes home and we get caught and killed? I really don't feel like dying today" I asked kind of panicked.

"Oh, right, yeah let's go" Mike stuttered as he pushed past me and rushed up the stairs to get to the door.

There was a sudden knock on the door. Mike and I both froze in stern silence waiting to hear if somebody opened the door after knocking for some reason. There was no sign of the door opening however there was a second knock. And a third knock. And a fourth knock.

"Hello?" called out an unfamiliar voice; at least an unfamiliar voice to me. Mike sighed in relief as he continued to walk up the stairs and towards the front door.

"It's Henry, don't worry y/n," Mike said, "he's alright you know? I was telling you about him before."

I let out a quiet "mhm" before following Mike up the stairs and watching him open the door. Thank god it wasn't his dad or anything.

"Hey Henry, how come you're here?" Mike asked.

"I wanted to ask about..." he stopped talking and gulped as if something was wrong.

"Is it about Chari?" I asked and Henry just nodded without saying a word. I realised that might've been a bit insensitive to blurt out, but oh well. "Do you want us to help you look for her?" I offered.

"It's okay," Henry spoke and I could tell he was holding back tears, "I'll just ask William later."

Mike and I glared at each other.

"I think it would be best if we helped you, you know?" Mike said quickly, "I think I have a pretty good idea of where she could be..." he spoke a bit quieter now.

"I really don't know, you're only a young lad and it could be dangerous," Henry said concerned.

"Please, Henry, we know exactly where she is," I said wide-eyed in hopes of a yes response.

"Are you sure? You're both very young and-" he got cut off

"Yes." Mike and I both said in unison.

"Alright then," Henry sighed, "thank you, both of you. I really appreciate it."

"Let's go then," Mike demanded as he shoved past and gestured at us to go.

Henry and I followed Mike. Luckily Henry drove here so getting to the restaurant would be faster and easier. Seeing Henry's reaction to his daughter being dead will be soul-crushing, but I would rather have him see it himself before we tell him... maybe. I don't know anymore. All of this is just so weird.