𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12❀

"y/n?" I heard Michaels voice, "you good?" I got a bit startled if I'm being honest, but at least I'm zoned back in.

"Yep, I'm fine" I replied blinking myself back into the present. At least I didn't zone out while interlocking eyes with Michael. That would've been really embarrassing.
"Michael," I turned my gaze towards him again, "have you ever got told that your eyes were really nice?" I asked trying to sound casual.

"What?" he sounded confused, "no, no one's ever told me that before, but I always get told I look like my dad" he turned his head away from me almost as if he was embarrassed.

"Well, now someone's told you," I smiled, "and there's no need to look away in embarrassment; it's just a compliment." seeing Michael get embarrassed was a bit cute, but it's not like I fancy him or anything.

"I'm not embarrassed," he turned his gaze forward and down, "I just don't like them since I get reminded of my dad since I look a lot like him."

"That's understandable, but I'm sure you look better than your dad... since he's like old and you're not so you won't have wrinkles and stuff!" I spoke fast since I didn't want to make it awkward, but I think I just did.

"Obviously," he sulked, "I just hate being compared to him because I despise him. He's part of the reason no one likes me; everyone associates me with him because I'm his son, but I'm nothing like him!" I could tell he was getting agitated.

"Michael," I paused, "I know I haven't known you properly for long, and I haven't met your father, but I'm sure you're nothing like him."

"you don't get it, y/n, you have friends and you aren't disliked by everyone just because of your father. You don't have just one friend who threatens to leave you alone if you don't act a complete knobhead. You just wouldn't understand, ever." He sighed loudly as he slouched down on the bench.

"Right," I said quietly as I looked away from Michael and sighed; I didn't let it bother me. Maybe it was time to change the subject.
"Wanna do something or go somewhere? I still have a few quid left" I proposed. I still didn't wanna go home and I doubt that he wanted to either.

"No, it's alright. I'll get going now," or maybe not. "I'll see you in school on Monday, y/n," Michael said before standing up.

"Hold on Michael," I stood up and went to stand beside him, "do you want me to walk home with you?" I asked

"Why don't I walk you home instead?" he asked, "or, rather, I walk home with you."

I thought he would say no, let alone offer to walk home with me.
"No thanks, I can walk home by myself." I suppressed a smile. I well wanted him to walk home with me, or walk me home. Whatever.

"Okay then," Michael turned around and started walking away.

"Wait, Michael," I called out, "I was just kidding... I do want to walk home with you- I mean you walk me home, or whatever." I noticed a small smirk forming on his face. He did it on purpose, didn't he?

"Alright, if you insist," he mumbled, "I knew you were doing that on purpose, you know."

"I wasn't but okay," I muttered under my breath. It was a bit embarrassing to admit.

"Mhm, sure," he said in a sarcastic tone. His sarcastic smirk and that "mhm" thing he does piss me off. A lot.

"Whatever. Let's just go," I hissed.
I began walking towards my house with Michael beside me. I glanced at him to see the same smirk plastered on his face as before. Now that I got a closer look at him, as much as I hate to admit it, he is kinda good-looking. If Ellie knew all this, she wouldn't give me a break with all the relentless teasing.

Michael noticed and turned his head slightly to look directly into my eyes. Shit, I zoned out again. I looked away swiftly although it wouldn't have much of an effect now.

"Why are you always staring at me?" Michael asked, "are you like obsessed or something?" he was only saying that for his ego.

"No, I'm just surprised how someone can look so..." I paused, "so unappealing,"

"How are you surprised? you see yourself every day," he asked. He's such a knobhead I really wanted to punch him so bad.

I elbowed his arm and gave him a gentle shove.
"Shut up, you're such a knob," I muttered.

"I've been informed," he replied, "many times."

"Shut up, you're just trying to sound smart," I muttered once again. He was kinda irritating, or I just hate people who try to act smart.

After a few minutes of walking, we got to my street and walked further down until we reached my house.
"Thanks for walking me home, Michael," I said politely now, "it was surprisingly fun being around you." I faintly smiled at him.

"No problem," he smiled back, "I'll see you in school on Monday, yeah?" he asked maintaining his smile.

"Yep," I responded "I'll see you there."

I extended my arm and placed my hand on the door handle, Michael was still standing there waiting for me to go inside. I got a sudden urge to hug Michael, and I honestly don't know why; maybe it's because of everything he's told me about. Maybe out of pity, but who knows. I've barely known him for a day anyway, so it would make things awkward.

"See ya!" I waved at him before entering my house. He waved back before turning around and leaving.

I pushed down the door handle and walked in, closing the door behind me, taking my shoes off and placing them on the shoe rack. I ran upstairs and walked into my room to see my sister sitting on her bed.

"S/N," I called out, "morning! When did you wake up?" I asked as I took off my jacket and threw it to the end of my bed.

"Like," she put her hand forward and started counting using her fingers, "10 minutes ago."

"You slept for long then. Anyway, what would you like to do today?" I asked S/N.

"I dunno... Playground? You can push me on the swings!" she called out excitedly.

"I've just been out," I sighed, "but maybe later alright?" I asked to make sure. S/N didn't say anything, she just nodded with an extensive smile.
"You need to eat something. Come downstairs with me I'll make you something," I waited for a response.

"Okay," she answered as she stood up and stretched, "can I have beans on toast? Please?"

"Of course. I'll go downstairs and make it now." I replied before making my way back down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a tin of Heinz beans from the cupboard and a slice of bread. I slipped the toast into our small toaster and put the beans in the microwave.
After a few minutes, the food was done. I placed it onto a plate and also poured her a glass of orange juice. My sister swiftly came along and sat down at the table. I sat opposite her bringing her food.

"Enjoy," I smiled. I liked taking care of my little sister, it makes me feel responsible and gives me something to feel proud of.

But, there was still this one thing I couldn't take my mind off. I've zoned off so many times that at this point I don't even care. It just won't leave my head.