𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 30✿

—————————————————
notes:
• This chapter made me realise how badly I've twisted the lore so I do apologise for that

•I promise there's better chapters coming T-T
—————————————————

I drag myself down the stairs to see my mum sitting on the couch with a warm cuppa that's still steaming hot. I don't know how she can hold a boiling cup but whatever I guess. She spoke but I was still too busy wondering how she was able to hold a boiling cup with her bare hands for so long. Whatever she said simply flew over my head.

"Y/N? Are you Listening?" She asked finally catching my attention, "I just wanted to apologise for the stuff I said last night." She sounded sincere and genuine in her apology, but honestly, the apology made me feel worse.

"It's okay," I reassured quietly even though there was nothing to be reassured about. I think I made that very obvious...

"Did something happen love?" My mum questioned with a raised brow.

"No," I responded quickly while not bothering to tell her the truth, "I'm just really tired and I just want some time to myself" I explained further as a smile as fake as Ellie stretched across my face so I could just finish this conversation and move on with this already shite day.

With that out of the way, I could finally get some alone time in my room since my sister had an after-school club to attend. I don't really focus on what extracurricular activities she does, but I feel like I should for some reason... Just in case something happens. Nothing will happen though, right? I keep asking myself all these questions but I don't know what my limit is.

A sharp pain struck my chest. It felt like someone stuck a Henry Hoover in both my lungs and started sucking the air out of them rapidly. It felt like I had a noose around my neck; Airflow in my body was severely restricted therefore making breathing more difficult than it had to be. I kept gasping and gasping for air but nothing would help... Am I having a panic attack?

I took some deep breaths and sat up on the edge of my bed. My head would not stop spiraling about everything including the argument I had with Michael. I don't want to lose him all because of some stupid rumours that aren't even true.

I wish he was here right now.

"Hi!," Exclaimed a squeaky voice seconds after. It was my sister.

"Hi, S/N," I responded quietly as my breathing got more controlled and my chest felt a little lighter. I smiled.

She ran up to me and gave me a tight hug while I was still sitting on my bed and obviously, I hugged her back. My little sister was the only person in my house who I wouldn't mind speaking to right now.

"So, how was your after-school club thing?" I asked.

"It was so fun!" She exclaimed with a wide smile plastered across her face, "I made a new friend too!" 

"Oh that's great S/N, what's their name?" I questioned eagerly. I'm happy for my sister for making new friends. 

"Her name is Susie and she told me she has a dog," She said while maintaining the same wide smile.

"That's nice, do you know what breed it is?" I asked.

"She said it's a yellow dog and that it's little!" She spoke with excitement in her voice. 

"Maybe it's a golden retriever," I explained now smiling myself, "they're dead cute"

I was feeling much better after just talking about random things with my little sister. I'm very grateful for her and I don't know what I would do if something happened to her, and I'm willing to make sure nothing ever happens to her. I will kill if I really have to.

A few hours passed and we had a miserable dinner where no one muttered a word and my dad wouldn't even sit at the table with us. I don't know at what point everything went wrong in my family and I wish I knew- it would make things so much easier. 

I decided I'd go for a late-night walk before school tomorrow so I could clear my head of all the shit that's gone on recently. I've still not forgotten about Charli and I don't think I ever will if I'm being honest with myself. I trotted down the stairs and put my shoes on swiftly as I grabbed my coat off the hanger and left the house. Nobody asked where I was going so it was safe to assume that no one really cares how long I'm gone for, or that no one cares about me.

I strolled down the dimly lit alleyway behind all the houses. It's where Mike and I walked down that one time. I pulled out a box of cigarettes and pondered to myself whether I should have one. I have a lighter in my coat pocket so I don't see the issue with having one. Should I be smoking at my age? No, but is anything stopping me? Also no. It's trendy anyway. I lit the cigarette and took a drag. Biff buzz hit me straight away and it was great, to say the least.

I reach the end of the alleyway and decide I'll go to the park because why not? It's a nice place; there's a gentle breeze, it's quiet and I get time to myself. The park is dimly lit by faulty street lamps and the ground uneven, but either way, it is a nice place to be. I sat on a bench and pondered some more. Why is my dad the way he is? Why did my mum's attitude suddenly change towards everything? Why has everything just become shit? I can hear distant traffic as I keep thinking and thinking. It's kind of calming though. 

I saw a figure in the distance of someone I've seen before coming towards me but I wasn't able to make out who it was. All I could make out was that they were quite tall and didn't have much muscle, and they were holding a cigarette too. I was slighly hoping it was Michael so we could talk it out somewhere that isn't outside of school.

As the figure got closer I could see who it was; it was Michael's dad. What he was doing in the park at this time I would never know but maybe I don't want to know. I focused on something in the distance so I wouldn't accidentally make eye contact or draw attention to myself. I was hoping to fuck that he wouldn't pay any attention to me or even attempt to speak to me about Michael since he probably remembers my face from that one time in the headteacher's office.

He walked past me and I noticed that he glanced at me. He probably wanted to see if it was actually me. He is a scary man I'd say. I watched him walk away and I suddenly felt uneasy as if something bad would happen soon... But it won't, will it?

I shook the feeling of dread off as I began to walk back home through the dimly lit streets with distant traffic noise whirring in the back and my own footsteps could be heard. I arrived home and entered my house as quietly as I possibly could to not wake anyone up. I locked the door behind me, took my shoes and coat off and went upstairs to my room. I lay in bed staring at the ceiling and take a deep breath. I notice my eyes are watering but I ignore it and doze off into a slumber.

I hope tomorrow's better.