SWEET CREATURE: 5-YEAR AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi! Hello! Trisha here!

How are you?

It has been almost five years since I wrote this book. And I remember how the entire plot of the story was a spur-of-the-moment decision while I was on a bus ride home one night in 2017.

I thought, "What would happen if I just stood in the middle of an empty road? Would anyone come for me?" Well, lo and behold, Sweet Creature.

For an itty-bitty update: I've re-written *slash* edited this story multiple times already outside the realm of Wattpad and Fanfiction. I had the opportunity to turn it into a short film for my university's film festival, and I once upon a time had an offer for it to be physically published. For the film, I wasn't the proudest of it since it felt rushed, so I didn't share it online, and as for the publication offer, I turned it down because they instructed me to revise the plot into a non-lgbtq+ related one and I refuse to do said changes.

Due to those unforeseen events, I've decided this book is better off in Wattpad's care.

Now, to everyone who stumbled upon this Fanfic and read it (or have plans to read it soon), THANK YOU so much for giving it a chance. The sentiment this book brought to me (and some of you) is just unexpected. Everything written here is near and dear to my heart. Although;

Let me be honest with you, after writing Sweet Creature, I found myself in a pain-staking literary slump. All stories I've written for the past five years were incomplete or thrown into the bin. Yes, I haven't finished writing anything in five whole years, and I did feel ashamed to admit that at some point, considering I claim I'm a writer and I planned my entire future in that career. It sucks, but we have to keep striving.

Opening this account again and reading all your comments puts me in a place of ease, in a dream that someday I'll be able to write something beyond the passion and emotions I poured in this book.

Scanning through your words, I saw how some of you found this book from a friend's recommendation, or you found it somewhere on the internet like TikTok. It's unbelievable that after so many years, people still recommend it.

If you've reached this part, please, leave a comment on how you found Sweet Creature. I'd love to read them! 👀

Anywho, the future is uncertain for a writer who's currently unable to write. But as I said above, we have to keep striving. That's life.

So, thank you-- not only for your kind words but also for your expressive reactions. I'm aware that with the evolving AUs/Fanfics getting published lately, this story is indeed in the cliche spectrum, plus it is imperfect. But I hope you still love(d) reading it as much as I loved writing it.

Take good care of yourselves, my dears! Be kind and love lots 💕

P.S. If you made it this far in the message, I am deeply impressed.