41 : eyes

Louis' Car | night sixty five

Speak you words
with your mind,
but tell the truth
with your heart;

that's when
your eyes
will see
the lies,

and those
who are truly
hurt.

Harry: Tell me the truth Louis, why do you pick me up every single night?

Louis: I lied to you. (sighs) I'm not a cab driver. I just happened to have a same car as all the cab drivers in London. I lied to you about having a passenger when in reality, I wanted you to get jealous. I lied about the story of the lad telling me a story about the man standing in the middle of the road.

Harry: [silence]

Louis: As I told you, there are days wherein you can remember everything. And one of those days was when you told me about a man standing in the middle of Rogue 28 which literally is a ghost road. You were the one who told me about yourself. And... (pauses) I thought I can change.

Harry: Why change? (places hand on Louis' face)

Louis: Because I made you feel worthless and a burden to my life. (kisses Harry's hand on his face) You may not remember all of what I've done to you, but I'd be willing to tell you the truth.

I hurt you verbally and physically one too many times. Whenever I was drunk, you cared for me like a child, but in return I always scream at you for ruining our marriage and being sick. I saw all the negative things in you Harry. I tangled your weaknesses around your neck, but you were always there to let me breathe. (looks Harry in the eyes) I was breaking you, crumbling you, making you realize how pointless your life is. But all you see in me is how you love me and how important I am.

For you, it doesn't matter if I painted your walls black. It doesn't matter if your oxygen's cut short. It doesn't matter of you're bleeding. It doesn't matter if you're suffering– it doesn't matter at all. Because for you, the only thing that matters is me. (pauses)

Harry: (smiles) Always.

Louis: I don't hate you. I don't. I just can't stand the fact that one day I'll lose you. One day you'll forget about me. (hugs Harry)

Deep inside, I was aware of how much I love you. But everything I do, was only to hurt you.

I tried changing when I started picking you up. I tried giving my best of treating you like my princess. I tried making you laugh, being sassy again, and being your boyfriend– not your husband.

But I failed. (nuzzles under Harry's neck)

I look at you every single day that I lie, wondering what If I tell him the truth that I'm his husband? That I want to treat you the way you deserve without having to hide myself from my own mistakes. I was wrong for using your innocence, Harry. But it made me realize that you're worth more than what your mind forgets.

Harry: You didn't change, Louis. (kisses Louis' cheek) You brought yourself back to who you were, and who you're supposed to be. I'll always be– Harry. (chuckles)

Louis: You've never introduced yourself to me...

Harry: What?

Louis: (nods) That's the reason I woke up. Because you never told me who you are, and I didn't bother ask.

Harry: Woah. I remember you after all.

Louis: It's hard to forget something so familiar.

You boarded my car, shared your stories, fought with me, slept in my car, dined with me in Marbles, became my boyfriend, and gave all of your heart to me. For you, we're strangers. But you were so comfortable in my presence, your introduction wasn't important anymore.

Harry: Hmm. I love you. (kisses Louis on the lips)

Louis: I love you too. (rests forehead on Harry's)

Harry: [silence]

Louis: [silence]

Harry: (pulls away/furrows brows) Am I still a virgin?

Louis: You're kidding right? (chuckles) We're married! Of course we've already made love.

Harry: Have we fucked in the car, in bed, bathroom stalls, or even in public places? (gives questioning face)

Louis: Do you really want me to tell you the truth? (smirks)

Harry: (nods) Yes. Tell me the most unusual place.

Louis: (sighs) Marbles. We did it at Marbles. That was before we were married and the place was closed. But we did the deed at Marbles. (smiles sheepishly)

- - - - - - • - - - - - -

s o n g | Worth It - Sam Tsui