46 : everlasting

Home | night seventy

You're the beauty
the world refused to see;
that's why without you,
I refused to see
the world's beauty.

b e d r o o m

Harry: (rests head on Louis' chest) Louis?

Louis: (looks down at Harry)

Harry: Where's your family?

Louis: [silence]

Harry: [silence]

Louis: (clears throat) I have you. You're my family.

Harry: No, what I meant was– (gets cut off)

Louis: My parents? (sighs) I'm unsure about them.

Harry: Wanna open up?

Louis: [silence]

Harry: Let's sleep. (wraps arm around Louis)

Louis: From what I've heard (places hand on Harry's shoulder) My mum already passed away and me dad already has a new family. I'm an orphan. They were young, and I know they were trying to protect me.

Harry: (whispers) You're special.

Louis: I guess that's the main reason why I always try to protect you. (kisses the top of Harry's head) I grew up knowing the feeling of being alone.

Harry: [silence]

Louis: (whispers) You'll be safe.

Harry: ...Louis?

Louis: Hmm?

Harry: (places hand on Louis' chest) What if I die tomorrow?

Louis: You won't. I know that. (smiles painfully)

Harry: Would you miss me?

Louis: Every bit of you.

Harry: Would you love me still?

Louis: Always and forever.

Harry: Would you continue living?

Louis: (sighs) I'd stay alive–but living? Darling, You're my life.

Harry: (hugs Louis tight)

Louis: Feel my heartbeat; count it, remember it, feel it, and stay with it. Stay here for me.

Harry: I will.

Louis: Promise me, you'll never leave my side no matter what. Promise me you won't leave. Promise me you'd feel my heartbeat. (pauses) Promise me even if you'd break it. I need to hold on to something– I'm holding on to you.

Harry: I promise.

(kisses pationately)

Louis: Goodnight, Harry.

Harry: I'll see you tomorrow, alright? Don't leave even if I won't be able to remember you. Please, don't.

Louis: I can't promise that.

Harry: Stay– cause I'm staying.

Louis: Of course. Sleep tight beautiful.

-

To my dearest Harry,

   Tonight, as you lay there sleeping. I want you to dream peacefully. I apologize for everything I've done. But there's one last thing, I won't be telling you. When you find this, it means you already know.

I'm sorry for keeping one last secret. You don't deserve to be lonely. You don't deserve to be alone at all. Thank you for giving your whole heart. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for giving me your life.

The next morning, when you wake up. Hug the people you love the most. Don't be afraid to ask who you are, who I am, and what happened to us. Don't be afraid to explore. Venture out Harry, you deserve more.

   I'm leaving you this note not to remind you of the secret I kept, but to remind you that I'm staying. That I'm here–always. That I love you. That the morning will wake you up and the world will make you feel my presence. You're the only one I have, Harry. That's why I made sure you have everyone to be with you.

Even without me. I love you, darling. I'll see you in the morning.

Sincerely yours,
Louis.

- - - - - - • - - - - - -

n o t e | this is actually the last chapter. one more for the epilogue. but before you go there, read the warning :)

warning: ready your tissues. it's going to be legitimately sad. Like– SAD.

thank you so much for reading this book. it means so much to me. i know this isn't the best book out there, but your votes and comments gave me hope that people actually want to read my work. thank you for giving this the chance ❤️ you are all loved.

s o n g | Certain Things - James Arthur (fave song)