Preoccupied - Pt. 11

" That's all I ever wanted!" Esme shouted, at Trina who's tied up to a chair inside of Esme's apartment living room.

" Where am I?" Trina said, looking around, noticing she's out of the dress.

" This is my place. Don't you love it?" Esme replied, pacing the floor, smiling.

Trina tries to break lose from the ropes that has her hands tied up to the chair. " If you let me go, we can talk about this." Trina added.

" That's not a great idea." Esme said, pulling up a chair to sit in front of Trina.

Trina sighs. " Spencer's gonna be looking for me. This plan of yours isn't gonna work." Trina said.

" Here we go again. Spencer, Spencer, Spencer. When are you gonna shut up about him?" Esme replied.

" As I recall, back at the hotel. This had everything to do with Spencer." Trina assured.

" And as I recall, I asked to have a nice chat with you outside. But you didn't wanna do that." Esme snarled.

Trina sighs again, frustrated.
" Yeah, because I don't go anywhere I'm not really wanted." Trina responded.

" Okay, back to Spencer. You love him, do you?" Esme asked, curiously.

"Why is that any of your business?" Trina replied.

Esme sighs. " Trina! He was my boyfriend way before you came along. And the two of you sneaking around behind my back... really upset me. And I mean, when I caught you and him on the Turret." Esme announced.

" How was I supposed to know that he had a girlfriend? He never told me that info. So take that up with him and not me." Trina replied, seriously.

" Oh, no Trina. You're just as guilty as he is. You still pursued him." Esme added. 

" I had no intentions of stealing your boyfriend, Esme.  When I met him, he was a friend to me... Nothing else." Trina said, looking away for a bit. 

Esme gets closer to Trina, leans in. 
" I don't care about that.  What matters is that you saw that he had a girlfriend on the Turret, and you still continued to see him in private.  At his hotel, I mean." Esme added. 

" What am I supposed to do then? Not be friendly to someone who's being friendly to me? That might work in your world, but definitely not mine." Trina replied, seriously.  

Esme gets up, and walks to grab a letter opener, that's sitting still on the table in the living room.   She grabs it, and walks back to her soft chair in front of Trina.  

Esme sighs, she's breathing heavily.
" I'm done talking.  Now it's time to stop beating around the bush." Esme announced, holding the letter opener.  

" What are you doing with that?" Trina asked, looking at the letter opener. 

" What do you think?" Esme replied, with a smirk. 

" I hope this is not for a stunt like you did back at Spencer's hotel." Trying to get out of the ropes.  

" Relax, Trine.  You got what you wanted.  Spencer broke up with me." Esme said. 

" I'm supposed to feel sorry for you? Not at all.  You knew that you and Spencer had an unrequited love.  But it's my fault?, because I'm the girl he actually wants." Trina added. 

Esme didn't like the sound of that, her frustration grew further as she held the letter opener tightly in her hands.  

Back at Spencer's hotel.  He's panicking, pacing the floor, sitting down on the bed, getting back up again.  

" Where the hell are you, Trina?" Spencer said, worriedly, with his hands on his head. 

Ava comes into the hotel room. 

" I knocked, but you didn't hear me.  What's going on?" Ava asked. 

Spencer sees Ava. " I went to see father about using his Tuxedo.  But then when I came back here, I couldn't find Trina and a pocket knife was laying on the ground." Spencer replied.  

" Do you think she went to her Grandmother's cookout without you?" Ava asked. 

" No, because she's always waited for me.  I don't know what changed." Spencer added, putting his hands on his face, frustrated. 

Ava checks her phone, looking at the time.  " Okay, well.  It hasn't been 24 hours yet so we can't get the PCPD involved. So what must we do?" Ava replied, concernedly. 

Spencer sighs. " I want you to stay here just in case she comes back.  I'm gonna be out there looking for Trina, and I'm not gonna stop until I find her." Spencer said, seriously.  

" Are you sure? You don't need me to come with you?" Ava asked. 

" Yes, I'm sure.  This is my problem and I'm gonna fix it." Spencer said. 

" Alright.  I guess I'll stay here and contact Portia, her mother about this." Ava added.  

" Great idea.  Thank you, Ava." Spencer replied, getting up from his soft bed. 

" Yeah.  We will find Trina.  I'm sure of it." Ava murmured. 

" Yeah, so am I." Spencer said, smiling back at Ava, as he walks out of his hotel room.  

Ava starts to call Portia.  But the phone went straight to voicemail.

_____