Together Again? - Pt. 17

Mateo walks downstairs, enters the living room and Esme comes in.

" So how was she?" Esme asked.

Puts his hands on his hips, showing his muscles in a tank top shirt. " The girl? Oh, she's fine. Although, she kept arguing with me to let her go to the bathroom."

Esme's taken aback. " Oh really? And did you let her leave the room?."

" No, I told her to wait until you got here to decide that. But there is something else you should know." Mateo added.

Esme sighs. " I just came back from the hospital and a long drive here. What is it Mateo?" Esme said.

Mateo becomes blunt, takes his hands off of his hips. " That girl, Trina.... is no longer the only person we have here. She has company now."

" What are you talking about?" Esme asked.

Mateo takes a deep breath.
" I'm talking about the fact that your ex boyfriend has joined Trina. He found her ." Mateo replied.

Esme sighs. " And he's here? Oh my god. I wonder how he found out where she was. You didn't post our location on social media, did you?" Esme asked, frustratedly.

Shakes his head in disagreement, saying "no" in a nod. " No, of course not. I've been waiting on my brother all day, and looking after Trina." Mateo responded.

" Alright, so where is he?" Esme asked.

He spoke bluntly. " Your ex is upstairs handcuffed to the chair I was sitting in. It seems as though he snuck in quietly." Mateo added.

" Please don't tell me, you have him in the same room as Trina?" Esme asked.

" I mean, is that a problem?" Mateo responded.

Esme snapped. " You know that is a problem, Mateo." Esme replied, and she rushes upstairs.

Esme walks into the bedroom and sees that no one is there.

" Where the hell are they?" Esme asked.

Mateo walking up behind her.
" The truth is... I let them go."

" You did, what?" Esme asked.

" I'm sorry, but I couldn't go through with this. You're on your own now." Mateo added.

Esme sighs. " Like hell I am. I still have your brother and my father." Esme replied.

" That's false. Once I tell my brother that I'm done doing things for you, he'll make the same decision ." Mateo said.

" I can't believe you, Mateo. How could you betray me?" Esme asked.

" I'm sorry, Kendall. But this has been going on way too long. The jig is up." Mateo replied, pulling out a recording on his phone.

Esme sees it, and rushes to the phone.

" You're recording me? Give me that?" Esme snapped .

" I don't think so. This will be handed to the PCPD." Mateo replied.

Trying to get the phone from Mateo. Esme pushes Mateo down the stairs. He fell onto the hard ground, and the phone broke.

Esme gasps. " Oh my god, what have I done?"

Back at the Metro Court, Ava and Nikolas are having dinner. Ava's not feeling it, she's thinking about her encounter with Joseph at the hospital and how she wish she could've did more to get more out of him.