The Aftermath - Pt.18

Alone, Trina's working at the Art Gallery, and she's on a tablet.  She hears footsteps walking up behind her... her heart is beating fast, her mouth becomes dry and she goes to look for a weapon, but a hand grabs her shoulders and she turns around and pushes the person onto the ground. 

She gets up from her chair and walks over to the "mystery" person and takes a good look at them. 

" Oh my god, Spencer?" Trina said, looking at him on the ground in pain.

Getting up from the ground. " Yeah, it's me...Spencer.  I'm sorry I startled you." Spencer said, worriedly. 

Crosses her arms. " Yeah, well.  It's fine.  Next time don't try to be Casper the Friendly Ghost and you might be safe from getting knocked down on the ground again." Trina replied, humorously. 

Spencer agrees. " I'll take that into consideration, I forgot what happened the last time I did that and you pulled out mace." Spencer said, with a smile.

Trina laughs. " Yeah, so what are you doing here today?" Trina asked, curiously. 

" I needed to see you." Spencer replied.  

" What for?" Trina asked. 

" I just need to know... are we still good?." Spencer asked.  

Trina nods her head in agreement. " Of course we are.  Why did you even ask?." Trina replied, with a smile. 

" Ever since all of that stuff went down at Esme's place. And we took a limousine home after. You fell asleep the entire ride home and gave me the silent treatment." Spencer added.

Uncrosses her arms. " Spencer, no. I wasn't giving you the silent treatment. I was just tired, because I had just got kidnapped by Esme and I was held captive by one of her guy friends. I'm sorry you felt like I was avoiding you." Trina replied, sincerely.

" But that doesn't explain why you didn't answer my phone calls or texts." Spencer added.

Trina's confused. " What? I never got any recent phone calls or messages from you." Trina replied, pulling out her phone from her back pockets.

She looks at her phone.

" Don't worry about it, okay?" Spencer said to Trina.

" But we need to know what happened? Why didn't I get your messages?." Trina said, concernedly.

" Maybe someone didn't want you to get them?" Spencer suggested.

Trina comes to a realization.
" Wait a minute... You know how I've been staying with my mother for a couple of days?...we weren't at home alone." Trina announced.

" What are you saying, Trina?." Spencer replied.

" I'm saying Joseph might have deleted your messages from my phone." Trina revealed.

" Who's Joseph, and why would he do that?" Spencer asked, curiously.

" He's the new guy my mom's been seeing. I met him at General Hospital, and I got a weird vibe from him." Trina replied.

Ava comes into the Gallery and overhears.

" A weird vibe from who?" Ava asked, curiously.

" Hey Ava. I was just telling Spencer about the guy my mom's been dating." Trina replied.

" Joseph?" Ava asked.

" You know him too?" Spencer asked .

Trina's concerned.

" Well, not really. I just met the guy a few days ago." Ava revealed.

" Where was it?." Trina asked.

" At GH, and you would never guess who he was talking to?." Ava replied.

" Who?" Spencer and Trina said at the same time.

" Esme. Or as he called her... Kendall." Ava revealed.

Spencer and Trina look at each other shocked to hear that information.

" Trina, your mother already know this information about Joseph.  I spoke with her a few days ago as well about it when you were missing."  Ava added. 

" But she's still seeing him... I don't get it." Trina replied, honestly. 

" Maybe she's sticking by him to catch him in the act, I don't know.  All I know is, I'm glad to see you alive and well.  We were worried about you and I was missing you." Ava announced.   

" Aww, I did miss you too, Ava." Trina replied as she and Ava hug. 

They stop hugging and Ava turns to Spencer. 

" So Spencer you're ready to get to work?" Ava asked. 

" Actually, Ava.  Can I speak to Spencer about that in private?." Trina asked.

" Yeah, sure.  I'll be right in the hall.  I have to make a couple of phone calls anyway."  Ava added, as she walks out of the Gallery.

Trina looks at Spencer. 

" I just saved your ass again from Ava.  You owe me."  Trina said, genuinely. 

" Well, what I owe you... can it be anything?" Spencer asked, as he walks closer to Trina.   

" Anything?, What do you have on your mind, Spencer?."  Trina asked, with a smile.

" This." Spencer goes in and kisses Trina.  

Their lips touched again. And they found themselves back in a happy place.  Which is ironic since the Art Gallery is their happy place.

____